Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was doing some work to my 07 600RR. Did a coolant flush and it started and ran great after that. Then I changed the clutch cover as it had some scratches on it. The old one came off pretty simple, new one went on without a hitch. Let it sit over night for the gasket maker to set. Put oil in it today and it won't start. Cranks fine but no fire. At first the fuel pump would prime but now I don't hear it. Any thoughts as to why it won't start all of a sudden.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean wrong. Isn't there only 1 way to install it? I put it in with the yellow side of the sensor facing inside. The bracket is angled to tuck the sensor back into the case.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,903 Posts
Let's go through this logically. Assuming you know how to start your bike (kill switch)

1) your bike worked fine

2) you changed the cover with only one sensor in it that is responsible for telling the ecu to signal for spark

3) your bike doesn't spark after you did this work

4) you deny that the one thing that you did between your bike working and not working is the problem

What do you think the problem is?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not denying I did it wrong. Just asking if there is another way. I know I installed it with the yellow side facing the inside of the cover. Is this correct or no?

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,903 Posts
The metal spot on the pickup has to face the tabs on the sprag clutch.

There are two ways to install it with the yellow side facing the sprag clutch. You put it the wrong way.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for this info. I'll pull the cover back off and make sure they are facing that direction.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So found out that the sensor is directional. I installed it upside down meaning the engine would have to run backwards. I flipped out over and it started right up. The wires point down into the cover instead of up.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,903 Posts
You're welcome.

It's not that the sensor is directional, it's just a hall effect. The sensor is not symmetrical, so when you mounted it upside down the pickup didn't line up with the tabs on the end of the crank.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts