Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my bike wont start, the starter is doing its job the fuel pump primes but it just wont start, it has 7k miles and im guess the plugs are going to last longer than that, any ideas what it could be?
i did blwo a fuse the C fuse for the guage cluster and i replaced that. thats that only problem i had,
it was running 10 min b4 and i go back tro start it, blip the throttle to 3k and then let it settle as i was backing out of my garage and it died, i wasnt in gear witht he kick stand down the sensors are connected and working, im baffled
it was running one min then i decided to go for a ride and its not hmmmm

ideas?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
aww some one has to know whats up, all the connectors are connected, the starter works, the fuel pump works, im pretyty sure the plugs ought to be working. and if it was the coil then it wouldnt even turn over would it? hmm what could it be?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
battery????

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
battery is charges, all fuses good, all connections tight, there is fuel in it. i called 2 dealerships (and yes i do know diagnosing is hard over the phone) one said he had no idea, and the other suggested maybe a build up on my injector, which i think its kinda out there but hey.
so far i havnt come up with a reasonable explanation for this. is a computer fried or what?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well heres what i got to do i guess, remove the radiator and check my plugs, if i got spark i know its a fuel problem if not im guessing the plugs themselves are ok but a wre somehwere or electrical box is damaged, and that could be pretty difficult to find what exactly is wrong

i hear taking the radiator off isnt much fun and kindof a bytch so im not looking forward to that.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Makesure the battery is fully charged then try to start it again while holding the throttle wide open.

Usually few trials it will fire up once it fires up hold the trottle till the higher idle kicks in and let it run till the temp reachs 165

Ifthe bikes hold a steady idle you should be good to go if not may be your idle adjuster is too low and needs to be adjusted post back will stick with you till you get it going best of luck

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
moeman said:
Makesure the battery is fully charged then try to start it again while holding the throttle wide open.

Usually few trials it will fire up once it fires up hold the trottle till the higher idle kicks in and let it run till the temp reachs 165

Ifthe bikes hold a steady idle you should be good to go if not may be your idle adjuster is too low and needs to be adjusted post back will stick with you till you get it going best of luck
tried that, dont work. im thinkin its either the coil or a fried computer. but im leaning toward the computer cuz coils just dont go that much

·
Registered
909 Posts
check your kill switch on the handle bars maybe you shut it off, it happened to me before and i forgot about the damn switch since i dont use it, rookie mistake

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
LEFTARMTAN said:
tried that, dont work. im thinkin its either the coil or a fried computer. but im leaning toward the computer cuz coils just dont go that much
What is the battery voltage and how did you charge it? You need atleast 13.0v at the battery.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
toly's RR said:
check your kill switch on the handle bars maybe you shut it off, it happened to me before and i forgot about the damn switch since i dont use it, rookie mistake
i wouldnt be able to hear the fuel pump if the kill switch was off

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok so my buddy Patrick comes over to help me figure this thing out, and he turns it on and actually starts it! i was so impressed, i hadnt even tried in maybe a day or two. and its running, idleing a lil rough but its started. anyways, we let it run for a bit and as soon as we touch the throttle it dies again.

we did conclude its definatly electrical issues. we tested the rectifier/ regulator and didnt get anything on the voltmeter, we figured wed test that since my battery is a little low. but i think its somthing b4 that, so im prolly gonna pick up a new battery tomorrow just incase mine is messed up for whatever reason. im gonna have to get a wire diagram, ron ayers mico fishe didnt help much. but

any other clues or idea as what it could be or reccomendations to check other compenents? were gettin there, i can feel it!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Downforce137 said:
its the plugs!
really, or are you being sarcastic? cuz how could it be the plugs if it was running ten min b4 it died and then running a few days after but die once i give it gas. i dont think its the plugs

·
Registered
639 Posts
Im never sarcastic :p

No seriously, I bet if you remove a plug, you'll find its very black and carbonized. replace them, and your baby will be good as new.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
prolly wouldnt hurt to get some new plugs anyways. but if ur so sure, how about i buy the plugs put em in and if it still dont start u wanna send me a check in the mail ;)
lol, its only got 7k miles on em, u think they really would need to be replaced?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts