Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 cbr600rr that I am working on I’ve tried everything everything sensor is brand new on this bike and still will not start just cranks new spark plugs new coils new cam and crank new fuel pump new starter ignition with diode everything the works and still nothing I’ve even erased the ecu to bring up new codes guess what no codes to show an still no start someone please help

·
Registered
199 Posts
Right Dom , your saying you have spark and fuel, how is the timing set ,was it new Crankshaft and Camshafts you put in or just the Sensors

·
Registered
205 Posts
Did you check compression? I had a similar situation on a bike. Turned out three cylinders had low compression.

Bad ECU is very rare. I've worked on a lot of bikes and it's never been that. If it's been flashed and messed with maybe, but if it's stock there's not much that can go wrong with them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It’s still stock and I just changed the sensors I did pull the motor to check time and it’s still in time seems to have compression in all cylinders

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’ve been doing a lot of research an I found this on YouTube this guy had the exact same problem I did you guys look at it tell me if it will work I read the comments and it seemed to work for a lot of people

·
Registered
205 Posts
Personally I'd never do that. I'd go on eBay and order a used one for $75-$100. Many salvage place allow you to return stuff you don't need.

If that fixes the problem it's money well spent. If no change with the new ECU I'd return it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
And of course some compression ain't the same as the right compression. My 'problem child,' a Yamaha R1, sent the paper wads I put in the plug wells flying so I though all was well, but once I measured compression it wasn't enough for continuous combustion. Which really sucked as there are no shortcuts to fix that.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
What about bank angle sensor and kickstand switch, or would those not allow any cranking?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a 04 cbr600rr that I am working on I’ve tried everything everything sensor is brand new on this bike and still will not start just cranks new spark plugs new coils new cam and crank new fuel pump new starter ignition with diode everything the works and still nothing I’ve even erased the ecu to bring up new codes guess what no codes to show an still no start someone please help
Check battery terminals if it’s making a squeal trying to start its battery dead or terminals are tight also check to see if terminals are cracked thatsur prob. Newer bikes won’t run with proper secured battery

·
Registered
2 Posts
I experience similar symptoms on my '06. Problem with mine was grounding. Saw a guy on You-tube who discovered a common grounding block in wiring harness where a single wire had burned through a yellow plastic cover. Grounding block does not appear on any wiring diagram and my local Honda shop was unable to help. Separated that wire from the block and grounded directly to frame. Problem solved! Major symptoms were, fuel pump would not prime when ignition turned on, headlights would not illuminate, engine would crank but would not start.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright you guys here’s the update still no start I’ve tried all of you guys ideas out I’ve even got a new ecu that matches my bike 04 I’m completely out of ideas everything is new on this bike everything with damn near every idea to start it even push starting turns over but doesn’t fire with the button It does the same not I’m back to the idea of what could prevent spark/ combustion

·
Registered
205 Posts
What readings are you getting for cylinder compression? Low compression would show these symptoms.

Also, years ago I had similar thing on a 500R I couldn't figure out (ended up towing it to the dealer) and it turned out to be fuel pressure. It was pushing the right amount of gas into the fuel rail but the pressure was too low due to internal fuel pump filter being clogged (not the strainer). If you've changed fuel pumps then this is unlikely though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts