Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know there's write ups on it, but I'm curious why my 07/08 manual says nothing about adjusting the TB's (unless I'm completely missing it??). Are you not supposed to have to do this? I posted a while ago about some major vibrations and occasional rough idle that came out of nowhere around 9k miles and after some research I was hoping a re-sync might solve the issue.

Really, I'm just hoping someone can say whether it's ok or not for me to jump into turning screws on the 07/08 based on tutorials from previous years, since the only thing the manual says about it that there's super secret factory-set white screws that you're not supposed to touch.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
on my '04 it's called a "starter valve synchronization" not a throttle body sync. hondas throttle bodies are preset from the factory and not meant to be messed with. you can, however, synchronize the starter valves which control the idle and the on/off throttle. they also influence your fuel/air management for each cylinder. I sync them every 8000 miles for the hell of it and when i did it for the first time at 16,000 miles they were pretty far off. I do notice that my engine idle and revs are a bit smoother when i do it. the manual does not say you ever need to do it, but i do it anyway cuz i can and i bought the damn carbtune pro so i might as well use it.

look in your manual for "STARTER VALVE SYNCHRONIZATION" - it should describe the process there. it's very simple and straightforward on my bike.

good times to do it are:

1. after changing/cleaning your air filter
2. after adding an exhaust system
3. after a valve adjustment

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, but I've realized that on the 07+ it's all the IACV which I apparently previous years don't have. I'm imagining that it shouldn't need adjustment. Sigh, back to square one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts