Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Doing some work on my bike including removing the headlight unit and others but when I plugged back in the temperature is not showing on the dash anymore. The fan kicks in and everything shows but not the temperature. No FI lights or anything. Any clues? Thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Have you disturbed a connector to the dash. Might be worth unplugging and re-connecting the multi-plug connectors around where you've been working.

Failing that i'd work out which wires are the signal for the temp part of the gauge and trace it back with a multimeter to see where the signal stops.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the answer. Yeah, I’m guessing is just a wire as everything works. My next job is doing that with the multimeter. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same prob after removing my headlight. A wire had come loose in the harness that plugs into it. I couldn't see the loose wire but I could push on the wiring and everything would work. Mine don't have much play in it. Seems like it's just long enough to plug into the meter. The wiring could've been made a little longer in my opinion so that plugging it in wouldn't be so hard.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just had this same issue and can confirm it's the wires / plug that clip into the back of the dash coming loose. I pushed mine in and temp reading came back straight away.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Solved. Left hand side connector where the temp wire goes in and to the dash was a mess. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So my temp reading has now gone back to two dashed lines and it doesn't appear to be the wires running into the back of the gauges this time. Any ideas?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Unfortunately not, rode for two hours this morning with no temp reading (just two dashed lines). Fans still kicks in, I think it's one of the wiring connectors further down the bike but thought I'd ask before taking the fairing off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Check the relay on the left side it’s the middle one. Also, connector on the left side under the fairings. Temp display wire is green and blue but don’t quote me. More than likely it’s damaged as long as the fan is still working.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks guys, finally got around to checking this today while changing my oil and coolant. Wire was corroded in the main connector on the throttle side of the bike. Cleaned it up and temp readings are back to normal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts