Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm helping a friend out with his 03 CBR 600rr.

His bike has some aftermarket flush mount signals up front and had an aftermarket integrated brake and turnsignal tail light.

His brake light and turn signals do not work.

so I we decided to put the stock tail light and signals back on, thinking it was something wrong with the aftermarket taillight. Nope...

So I check the fuses behind the left fairing and they are good...

His High beams work, No Horn, no turn signals. The rear brake light is on when we put key in "ON" position, but if we hit the lever, either front or rear nothing...

Bike starts and run, Gauge Custer works, headlights on, middle eye works, highbeam works...

Please help!

Any ideas what to check?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
the fuse behind the battery, and any pinched wires causing a short

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
fuse behind the battery couldnt be it. Re-check the fuses behind the left fairing. The horn/brake light/turn signals run off the same fuse.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked the fused next to battery its still good.

How about relay? Which one of the 3 is it? probably not the far right one, since that is the one for the engine correct?

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Not a relay, have a look at the wiring harness around the fuse, sounds like it has gone open circuit on you.

Have you tried swapping the fuse? sometimes they can look good but still be blown.

·
Registered
254 Posts
This can also be a ground issue.
If you don't see 12V accross any of these, try it again with the black lead on the bike's frame. If it shows up then, it's the ground, usually something that fell off or opened up.
There's a shared ground wire between many components up front including lights, and possibly the rear as well. The grounding's a little different on the 03s from my 05...
Nico can probably help :ciao:

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
had similar issues,

it turned out to be a ground connection problem.

on the left side of the bike there are a set of green wires that gather to a common ground plug. check there for corrosion or signs of a short.
its amazing how many problems you can have and how much trouble it is hunting down a ground prob.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not a relay, have a look at the wiring harness around the fuse, sounds like it has gone open circuit on you.

Have you tried swapping the fuse? sometimes they can look good but still be blown.

Turn out to be the fuse,
This is exactly what I tried to day... I pulled the old fuse out and put in a new one and everything worked again...

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Good to hear mate,

Dep:
That common ground point isn't on the 03,04 just the 05,06 (lucky I bought the 04 eh?)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts