Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
kidnplay

You've got the wires hooked up wrong. You don't replace the wires in the blue harness. Connect those wires that you currently left hanging to the custom LED harness. The grey wire (should have been coming from the rear of the bike before you removed it from the harness) gets connected to the black wire and the white and green to the red.

-Mike

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
kidnplay

You've got the wires hooked up wrong. You don't replace the wires in the blue harness. Connect those wires that you currently left hanging to the custom LED harness. The grey wire (should have been coming from the rear of the bike before you removed it from the harness) gets connected to the black wire and the white and green to the red.

-Mike
I did that first time round, with them altogether, blew 2 10A Fuses for the indicators... hence the pics above show them removed dont they? As the only thing that may have blown them also is (not 100% sure here in my memory) is that i had the indicators running and then i added the relay to check it all out and thus maybe this sudden draw may have blown the fuse...?? But im pretty sure i had them/the power off :confused1

I had also removed them as you stated above and attached the relay to the wires , so wires connected together but not in the blue box, and this is the result in the video. in short some led lights do not work, must be drawing too much power or something, as the trippage led lights on side work but not in the back peg, and the indicator by the exhaust stays on but dims its power/brighter power when flashing. very confusing matter right now.

I will see what else i get for a reply before i go and try it all out again. its Just a PIA its not a simple plug and play as it was advertised as :banghead:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
has anyone from Europe or Oz done the relay mod? need to check if its diff? as i have tried all of the above..

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
So since i have a Australian/European Bike im going to have to use a 3 pin relay as the 2 pin just didnt work out for me, has anyone a pics/diagram of how to install the 3 pin relay?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just completed this mod. I did the method of removing the grey wire and the white/green wire from the harness that runs to the back of the bike (female terminals) and plugged my relay into those wires. I then plug the blue harness back together and tucked my relay up by the frame. It worked perfectly. The only trouble I had was getting the wires out of the harness...what a pain!

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is the best relay info forum guys. It helps a lot.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
So since i have a Australian/European Bike im going to have to use a 3 pin relay as the 2 pin just didnt work out for me, has anyone a pics/diagram of how to install the 3 pin relay?
I am not sure how You will hook up a 3 pin relay harness. Where would the 3rd wire plug into? Also, make sure everything lights up without the relay. you may have a burnt out LED Peg and that needs to be replaced if you do. Lastly, As long as you are playing around with just the grey and grn/wht wires You shouldnt be blowing a fuse. That is why i was playing it safe and put extra heat shrink around my terminals so they dont touch anything else(this includes the frame as it is a ground).

Just to be clear, you have everything turned off while you are playing with the wires correct? Once you have all the wires hooked up, THEN turn your bike on. I find it hard to believe LED's are drawing enough current to blow fuses unless you short your circuit somewhere(such as frame or other wires)
Also where did you tap into for your led pegs? Did you do a clean install for those so no wires are being exposed?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Basically, but for some reason to get it working on my bike I had to also cut the wires coming from the plug.
This worked great for me. I just ordered some brand relay through a local shop, it was neither of what was mentioned here. I also had to completely cut the green/white and grey wires. Without cutting them, my flashers wouldnt flash... They continued to stay solid on.

Thanks for the help... I finally have turn signals again. :cruising:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Wires dissapear into the bike? so what side of the blue plug are you expecing to cut/disconnect the male side or the female side?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wires dissapear into the bike? so what side of the blue plug are you expecing to cut/disconnect the male side or the female side?
It doesn't really matter what side of the plug you cut on. The main thing to consider is where you will mount the relay, because you want to be able to disassemble you bike w/o having to cut those wires.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It doesn't really matter what side of the plug you cut on. The main thing to consider is where you will mount the relay, because you want to be able to disassemble you bike w/o having to cut those wires.
It doesn't matter which side you cut but it does matter which side the relay is mounted on. (That's why I liked my method of pulling wires from the harness). The factory relay is a circuit inside the gauge cluster so you need to make sure the relay is on that side of your modified harness.

-Mike

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Ok so I dunno if im just going color blind, or if my once white wires are now yellow. but here's a pic of the wire harness and the two wires i think im supposed to remove and replace with the new relay's wires. Sorry for the blurred picture....my hands are too shaky today i guess.

the one next to the yellow line is obviously the grey
the one next to the red line is the "white/green"? which is yellow/green with grey marks on it

are those the correct two wires? the look like the same locations as the wires i was seeing others target.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Ok so I dunno if im just going color blind, or if my once white wires are now yellow. but here's a pic of the wire harness and the two wires i think im supposed to remove and replace with the new relay's wires. Sorry for the blurred picture....my hands are too shaky today i guess.

the one next to the yellow line is obviously the grey
the one next to the red line is the "white/green"? which is yellow/green with grey marks on it

are those the correct two wires? the look like the same locations as the wires i was seeing others target.

yes those are the 2 wires you want now just un pin them as said on page 2 of the thread and plug the relay stright into them and it will work perfect

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
It doesn't matter how many led signals you have. Hook it up and all is back to normal. T

61 - 80 of 164 Posts