Picture of what you have now.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Hum... Bad flasher relay, but that is pretty rare. T

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
You can manually test the relay with a light bulb and your battery if you want to check it to see if it's working.

·
Banned
54 Posts
i was tempted to do what the other guy said, take out the green white and the grey and put the relay wire in the blue connector and he said everything worked even though the green white and grey werent put back in weird

but hassle to de pin connectors

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts

·
Banned
54 Posts
i de-pined the relay not the blue connector and i inserted the pins without the connector from the relay into the blue connector from the bike where the green/ white wire and grey wire is.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
i was tempted to do what the other guy said, take out the green white and the grey and put the relay wire in the blue connector and he said everything worked even though the green white and grey werent put back in weird

but hassle to de pin connectors
How did you do that without removing the stock pins? I don't think you have a good connection the way you are doing it. A picture is worth a thousand words, will clear up everything. T

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Do you have the front of the bike plugged in? Maybe I am missing something but the only way you could do that is if the front of the bike was unplugged.

·
Banned
54 Posts
this is so frustrating, i ve tried everything today, i even chopped the harness which made me more pissed cause in the end it didnt work.

only way it worked for a bit was I inserted the pins into the turn signal blue connector and it worked but i didnt like the way it was flashing slow then fast and then i took it out and it worked without it for a bit then it when to the extremely fast rate.

I dont know if it has anything to do with it but i have an integrated tail light as well.

* also when i cut the harness i only stripped the green white and grey wire i didnt cut it right off and hook it up the ends to the relay. Should i try that or should make a difference?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts

·
Banned
54 Posts
ok i dont know what happened, but from what i know no where in this post does it say to de-pin the blue connector i did exactly what this guy did in this video and it worked perfectly (only thing i did different was put shrink wrap over the male female connector terminals... BIG UPS TO THE GUY WHO CREATED THAT VID...

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
???????

If it's wired right it works. Never had a problem with this and done it over 10 times now. Signals wired correctly?

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Make sure it's the (grey) and (white/green) wires on the female side if the wires on the male side are used or still even connected it will flash fast still.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
That is the problem isn't it? The signals are looking for the least resistance and that is coming from the cluster.. You have to remove the other wires going to the cluster "relay" for it to work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Recently bought an 06. And the previous owner already put flush mounts and integrated tail light and it's not flashing and stays solid. Sounds like a simple fix. I just need to get the custom led relay. I've never had a problem with aftermarket turn signals before. I actually don't mind the quick flashing turn signals. I feel like it might get more attention that way. But I've never had it stay solid amber and not flash. Is it just the Cbr 600 that have the problem with no flashing signals?

101 - 120 of 164 Posts