Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

141 - 160 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
I believe the relay is good so officially stumped. Maybe the rear integrated light could be causing an issue? I hooked up the tester to ground and power light on the tester came up with the white green wire. Touch the gray one even on it's own and it lights up so I believe the relay is carrying current ok. I can't believe it can be this much of a pain in the azz for something so simple. I am so pissed all over again I just want this bike out of my sight. :gun1::gun1:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Question, the flushmount led lights I have are two wire where the original OEM is a three wire. Would this be causing a problem?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Are 2 of the wires on the bike run to one of the wires on the signals? If so you need to cut out the wires with the tracers on them. This will cause the signals in the rear to act funny because they feed power to that side of the brake light.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I just added some resistors to the LED flushmounts and used the factory pin connectors and voila, works like a charm now. Went riding today and hopefully out riding again Wednesday. All is good Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I would be gratefull of some advice, I just tried to do this by following the instructions given,

White wire to red on rely
Gary wire to black on relay

Both wires removed form blue harness on bike side.

Strange thing is that the front LEDs don't work now atall, if I put the red wire to grey wire and white to black they come on but stay solid.

Would appreciate and help lads.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Make sure your front signals are not wired with the running light and signal tapped together. This is something that many do when getting a led signal with 2 wires and find out they have 3 wires on the bike.
Green is the ground
Orange and blue with the white tracer wire is your running light
Orange and blue wire are the signal

If you want running/signals in the front you will need 2 diodes to make this happen. In the meantime cut the ones with the white tracers out and tape them up until you get the flasher relay working correctly. T

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
digging this bad boy up, flasher relay installed a long time ago but this just started happening yesterday

everything still flashes properly, all signals, integrated tail, extra tail led strips.
but just dont know why it flashes in this pattern now..

time for a new relay?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
I would say it's on it's way out or there isn't enough draw to make it flash normal either. Maybe put a large sandstone resistor parallel to see if it fixes this.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Great descriptions and photos of what to do. I got mine all set up last night and working like a charm. Thanks all! I don't recall if anyone mentioned it but since the connectors for the relay slide right into the wires from the harness, I used some shrink tubing and it looks a lot better than electric tape :)

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
While this is up top, I'll share my '04's, local place claimed plug-n-play, maybe for '05-'06 but not my 2004. Simple, de-pinned the factory harness, and the plug on the relay, and installed like such. Of course with heatshrink over the connections, but here's the rough version, I ziptied it to the other relays. Done this way it's reversible if ever need be, and no bastardizing OEM wiring-

·
Registered
66 Posts
While this is up top, I'll share my '04's, local place claimed plug-n-play, maybe for '05-'06 but not my 2004. Simple, de-pinned the factory harness, and the plug on the relay, and installed like such. Of course with heatshrink over the connections, but here's the rough version, I ziptied it to the other relays. Done this way it's reversible if ever need be, and no bastardizing OEM wiring-

That is exactly what I did on my '05 bro. Not having to cut into anything factory does wonders for the soul! :thumbup:

·
Registered
48 Posts

Hey guys just did this mod last night because i was waiting for my pin connectors to come in.

I ordered these from ebay and they fit perfectly. the female connectors are not 100% the same as the ones on the oem Honda harness but they still fit into the female aftermarket harness. I just got a costume led relay and cut the ends off and crimped the two male wires on to the ebay male harness and it looks nice and clean and there water proof too.

Here is the link and I will post pics when I can.

p.s. I slide the waterproof seals over the oem Honda harness wires they stretch little but the are still waterproof.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pins-Sealed-Waterproof-Connector-CAR-CDI-Light-Boat-Socket-Plug-4kits-/130782881676?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item1e7344678c&vxp=mtr

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Came across this thread while replacing the old "boxing gloves" with led's up front. Couldn't have done it without this thread. Hardest part was getting the darn wires out of the block. This thread was so helpful I joined rr.net Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
lights problem

great thread
however i'm having some troubles
i installed a integrated led taillight and some new flushmount blinkers in front. while i installed the taillight i discoverd in this thread i'm in need of a led relay to slow down the blinking rate (i'm getting one tommorrow at the local shop). then i installed the flushmounts in front. connected them correctly cause when my contact was on, and i connect the green/white and gray wire comming out of the back of my bike, the flushmounts blinked in front. therefor i deinstalled the original blinkers in the back.
today i'm facing this problem: contact on and my back running light works, front lights are working too. turn signals don't give any sign. and my runninglight is flashing when i put green/white and grey back in the harnass while i blink left or right at my grips, no stoplight

situation; my new flushmounts have two wires (yellow&black) going to two wires from my original blinkers, my back blinkers have two wires (for the two blinkers in the integrated taillight) for 4 wires of my bike

i really don't know whats the problem
does anyone have advise please? i want to go ride and have fun of my bike in stead of cursing it in the garage :banghead:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Many thanks to ATcontroller and teamfirehawk. Took me 10 minutes. Works like a charm even with no rear signals installed :thumbup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bumping this thread as I have a euro model 06 CBR600RR and like others in this thread I was unsure how I was going to install a 2pin relay in my bike. IT CAN BE DONE WITH EASE.

All I did was extract the female grey + white/green wire contacts from the blue connector with a flat blade screwdriver then connected the red wire from the relay to the white/green wire and the black to the grey wire connector. If you connect the relay in the reverse polarity your indicators will stay solid as I discovered. Your hazard lights will blink at the slow rate also without a hitch.

I borrowed this picture (Thanks to user JSchulte) as it conveys exactly what I did. I hope this helps others as there isn't really any information about this anywhere.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Old thread but wanted to thank everyone for their input and Tripage for the relay, definitely helped out! :thumbup:
Don't know what it was but the colours for my bike were not the Wht/Grn and Grey wires, it looked faded and was confusing at first.

Luckily for the picture below I found that from looking at the connector from the back it was the 2nd and 4th wires from the right on the bottom row (not the row where you push the connector to release it). To confirm I pulled out one wires and checked to see if the turn signals would work, then tried it with the other wire after plugging the other one back in. 15-30mins to do.

141 - 160 of 164 Posts