Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

161 - 164 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I followed this on my '03 with the Tripage relay and everything works now, but my temp gauge is not working. Had the bike on for good 20min and doesnt show temp.
Any ideas how to troubleshoot this???

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
I installed LED rear indicators and flush mounts. Went to JayCar and bought an LED relay for $14.95. Used spade connectors and wired it up to the two wires from the harness and worked perfectly. :)

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
So I followed this on my '03 with the Tripage relay and everything works now, but my temp gauge is not working. Had the bike on for good 20min and doesnt show temp.
Any ideas how to troubleshoot this???
Check to make sure your plug is in all the way for the cluster. Lots of pins to make contact. 1-2 not touching will cause this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great write up and info on this thread.

I have fitted LED's to front and back, and fitted the supplied resistors in parallel to each one: They flash too fast and removing the resistor makes no difference to the flash rate.

AND, as I was doing other work on the bike,changing fairings,I had the Speedo (MFD) disconnected from the loom. I have read here the 'flasher relay' is located in this part - so how does it flash it it is disconnected ? Plugging it in makes no difference to the flash rate.
Anyway I've ordered a 2 wire relay to fit as done by many others to hopefully solve it, as the resistors do diddly sh1t.

2006CBR600rr UK spec

161 - 164 of 164 Posts