Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently had a "vibrating rattle" @ about 6k. today i started down the driveway and i heard this noise that sounded like my chain came off. It was on. I adjusted the chain anyway. The noise is still there, but it sounds like it's coming from the front end. The noise is there with the engine off also. Brakes & calipers seem to be ok as well.....

any ideas anyone????

thanx

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yea,.... i was in the rain the other day, and the noise went away. now, the next time i started it, the noise is far worse

·
Registered
353 Posts
I still have something vibrating/rattling but it sounds plasticky... shut up... and not like a chain or anything... around 4-4.5k rpm then it goes away (or I just can't hear it anymore)

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have the same sound on my 04. a little buzzy sound. It's weird... and it only does it sometimes, usually when it's colder out. It sounds like the same keys do if you have a key c :neutral: hain dangling in the tripple clamps.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanx everyone. I think i've got it all figured out. I made sure my chain was adjusted and lubed good. still had some noise. noticed that..... i'm missing a top bolt to my mirror....... anybody else had this problem??? that actually cut down on some of the noise but it was still there.. adjusted the clutch and my RR is finally sounding like new again. Now time to get my D&D to take care of that problem!

·
Registered
4 Posts
there's a washer in the bar ends... don't know why but there is.... take them out and that will take care of the 4-6k rattle sound.

·
Registered
3 Posts
DragsB said:
there's a washer in the bar ends... don't know why but there is.... take them out and that will take care of the 4-6k rattle sound.

ok, i THINK this is the sound i have...between 5-7k rpm this annoying ass little buzzing sound rears its ugly head. it sounds like it's coming from the right handle bar or side of the bike but when i take my left hand off the handle bar to investigate (by holding something or twisting it to see if it goes away) the sound goes away. it is obviously tied to the left bar somehow even though it sounds as if it's on the right side of the bike. anyways, as you can see from the # of posts i've made im a n00B to this and dont know where this washer is or how i need to remove it. can someone provide a bit more info? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
DragsB said:
That's not necessarily true. I have clip-ons (no bar-ends at all) and the 4-6K rattle is still present.

I really dont care, though. I don't spend much time in the 4-6k range and I don't even notice the noise unless I purposefully listen for it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The bike seems to loose harmony at about 4-6K and just about everything rattles. I put some clip ons on and I don't hear anything anymore. Or you could just take the washers out of the bar ends. But I'm shure there are a thousand other possibilities..... but who really cares.... just ride

1 - 17 of 17 Posts