Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed a vibration/noise on my 600rr (1500 miles).

I can feel a vibration through the bike, mainly on tick over, but pull the cluth in a little and it goes.

I tested it today by putting my finger on the clutch release arm and could feel the vibration, yet just take the freeplay out of the cable and it completely goes. This is literally just the first few mm of lever travel

So do all rr's have this, or should i just adjust my clutch freeplay so it goes? Its due for a service soon so could see what the garage say.

·
Registered
34 Posts
5500 miles on mine and yeah it does the same thing. I had my 4000 mile service done, I asked the service manager about it. He said its the clutch plates. But I got to take it back to day. Unrelated to the noise, He adjusted my clutch cable to loose. I went riding the day after the service and noticed when my clutch lever was pulled in, the clutch was grabbing abit, Slipping just enough. Now I got a "Bearing going out noise" when I warm it up in the morning. I'm taking it back to the dealer today. :eviltongue:

·
Registered
326 Posts
That vibration is the clutch release bearing. For some reason it is more noticble on the 600RR than any other Honda that I have owned (except for my NSR250 with the dry clutch). Be sure not to take out too much slack on the clutch cable, or the bearing will always be under pressure. This will prematurely wear it out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
larry said:
Be sure not to take out too much slack on the clutch cable, or the bearing will always be under pressure. This will prematurely wear it out.

Right, Watch that you don't take to much out.You want just enough not to drag the clutch. A new clutch can be expensive

Edit: Just returned from my local dealer and to confirm my thoughts on the noise I was having. He said the throw out bearing on the end of the clutch pack is probaly the cause. Its the last thing to get oil in that end on the engine and might start to make some noise. But if you try and put so slight tension on the clutch lever and the noise goes away then your fine, but if the noise stays, have it looked at. :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice.

I'll leave the freeplay alone, let the garage (hopefully) sort that out when it goes in for service.

Yeah the noise completely goes just with the slightest movement of the lever, so as you say probably normal and nothing too much to worry about

cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts