Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the last exhaust gasket i got, i messed it up installing it because the pipe crushed it. what's the proper way to install this? the gasket is #18...

do i put it on the muffler first (#4) or do i put it on the header part (#1) and then put on the muffler?
http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/200_0426/muffler_05/muffler_05.cfm?man=ho&groupid=5250&parent=5240

also, the little spring that comes with aftermarket exhausts, does it matter which way it goes to keep the exhaust together?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Put the muffler on, then put the headers on and let them hang down, put the gasket on the headers and then pull the headers up to meet the mid pipe, be gental. Just put the springs on, our drawing is cute, almost gay.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I guess you got a full system, since you have springs. Just take the bolt out of the center of the motor, I mean the one that is on the bottom that holds the headers up, you may be able to get enough flex. If not then just loosen up the nuts where the headers bolt up. In fact if you nut are tight uptop then you will have to loosen them. If you have a full system and you have springs uptop then take the springs off. It not that hard, you already know one way not to do it, so try another.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's a slip-on. i'd really hate to take the headers off but if that's the only way, i guess i'll have to loosen it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Slip on and you got springs?????? wher are you connecting them to on the stock headers. The stock header does not have loops for springs. I have installed a RS-5 Carbon Cone before and it used the stock exhaust clamp. what year bike, I put one on a 05. You man not have to take the headers off, but it would make it a bit easier, for sure though put the gasket on the header and slip the slip on onto that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts