Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Check Honda's web page and compare the specs. Do a "google" search on each and read some reviews.

One is fast, and the other one more fast.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. that's that only thing i know about the RR. it's faster. but is there any difference apperance wise? color?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
stright line speed for the '03-'04 is actually slower on the RR. But the RR will tear it appart in the corners.

The RR is a far more sexy bike than the F4i, and is even more fun to ride. The seat on the F4i is more plush though, not that it should really matter, but somepeople really do care about that for some reason.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I chose the RR because I didn't like the banana seat F4i but here's the specs and pictures.

'05 F4i:

'05 RR: (any differing specs in bold)

ENGINE
Engine Type 599cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder
Bore and Stroke 67.0mm x 42.5mm
Compression Ratio 12.0:1
Valve Train DOHC; four valves per cylinder
Carburetion Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) with automatic enricher circuit
RR: Carburetion Dual Stage Fuel Injection (DSFI)
Ignition Computer-controlled digital transistorized with three-dimensional mapping
DRIVE TRAIN
Transmission Close-ratio six-speed
Final Drive #525 O-ring-sealed chain
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES
Front Suspension 43.0mm HMAS cartridge fork with spring-preload, rebound and compression-damping adjustability; 4.7-inch travel
RR: Front Suspension 41.0mm inverted HMAS cartridge fork with spring-preload, rebound and compression-damping adjustability; 4.7-inch travel
Rear Suspension Pro-Link HMAS single shock with spring-preload, rebound and compression-damping adjustability; 4.7-inch travel
RR: Rear Suspension Unit Pro-Link HMAS single shock with spring-preload, rebound and compression-damping adjustability; 5.1-inch travel
Front Brakes Dual 296.0mm discs with four-piston calipers
RR: Front Brakes Dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers with 310.0mm discs
Rear Brake Single 220.0mm disc
Front Tire 120/70ZR-17 radial
Rear Tire 180/55ZR-17 radial
DIMENSIONS
Rake 24.0 degrees
Trail 96.0mm (3.8 inches)
RR: Trail 95.0mm (3.7 inches)
Wheelbase 54.5 inches
Seat Height 31.7 inches
RR: Seat Height 32.3 inches
Turning Radius 10.8 feet
Dry Weight 370 pounds
RR: Dry Weight 361 pounds
Fuel Capacity 4.8 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve
OTHER
Available Colors Candy Dark Red/Silver, Silver/Metallic Silver
RR: Available Colors Black, Black/Tribal, Metallic Silver/Black, Red/Black
Model ID CBR600F4i
RR: Model ID CBR600RR
FACTORY WARRANTY INFORMATION
1 year Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.

Check it out at: http://powersports.honda.com/motorcycles/sport/model.asp?ModelName=CBR600RR&ModelYear=2005&ModelId=CBR600RR5

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
i have also heard that strait line speed of the 01/02 f4i will beat the rr. As for the handling the rr is so much better. I have owned both

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
yea dude. I put the 15 on my front also and it just made me quit thinking of a liter bike, that and I dont have the money

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the info guys. is there any year from 01-05 that the F4i didn't come with the banana seat?

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
jdmbuilt said:
thanks for the info guys. is there any year from 01-05 that the F4i didn't come with the banana seat?
'01-'02 before the RR was a split seater i believe. plus not quite as down on hp as '03 and up. was pushing high 90's i think. they toned it down a little when the RR came out to give it more of a gap between the 2 bikes.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
while half of me agrees with you, the other half tells me that this is THE BEST site to learn what you need to know. A person can determine a lot from researching online, and who better to tell you about a potential bike?

But, the other half of me does say that you should probably be looking at something not so new if you don't know anything about these two bikes. Seems to me that you're getting caught up in just having a pretty piece of machinery. I personally started on a '93 FZR600 (oh yah, there was definately some purple in there) and I don't regret it for a minute.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts