Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm itching to get a track day or a few (with an instructor) in this coming season, any of you track virgins in the north east down to pop your cherry?

·
Super Moderator
6,497 Posts
I'm thinking about hitting up a trackday sometime this spring/summer in NJMP. I want to hit up Louden first.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking about hitting up a trackday sometime this spring/summer in NJMP. I want to hit up Louden first.
I'll definitely do NJMP, lets try to get something together for that. Louden is in NH? You riding up there or trailing?

·
Super Moderator
6,497 Posts
let me know, njmp is not far from me
weRd! How are you getting your bike there? would you be willin to let a brotha crash at your place? :drunk::ciao:

Fred I'm definitely down to hit up the track with you meng! It would be interesting to see what the white ranger's megazord is capable of on the track! :crackup:

What dates did you want to hit up the track?

I'll definitely do NJMP, lets try to get something together for that. Louden is in NH? You riding up there or trailing?

Louden is in NH. I am trying to figure out a way for me to trailer the bike down there. I would rather not ride down there, if anything hapens to the bike i'll be SOL with no ride back to CT. I don't know if I really want to buy a trailer or make one but we'll see I got a month or so to figure it out.

If you guys want to have a dotNET trackday at NJMP it'll be cool. What dates are good for you guys?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Louden is in NH. I am trying to figure out a way for me to trailer the bike down there. I would rather not ride down there, if anything hapens to the bike i'll be SOL with no ride back to CT. I don't know if I really want to buy a trailer or make one but we'll see I got a month or so to figure it out.

If you guys want to have a dotNET trackday at NJMP it'll be cool. What dates are good for you guys?
That is true, being stranded in NH with an unridable bike would suck pretty bad haha. You could prob find something on craigslist cheap.

I'm good any days that don't fall on mon, tues or thurs, let get some more dotnet members on board here and set it up, is there a schedule they have to see what dates are available? I didn't see it on their site or on sportbiketracktime. Have either of you guys been to the track before? I have never been, I was hoping to do like a novice day with an instructor or maybe just someone of experience to show the basics.

·
Super Moderator
6,497 Posts
Nope it will be my first time. I think Tony's Trackdays has a listing/schedule for their events. I was looking at May 3/4th but thats on a mon/tues.

I'm not sure if Fred (struck) has been to the track, but I know he has been waiting to unvail himself as the white ranger on the track. :crackup:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Nope it will be my first time. I think Tony's Trackdays has a listing/schedule for their events. I was looking at May 3/4th but thats on a mon/tues.

I'm not sure if Fred (struck) has been to the track, but I know he has been waiting to unvail himself as the white ranger on the track. :crackup:
Any of Tony's Days are a great way to start. Its how I started out and I have tried quite a few others too. Its well organized and newbie friendly. He tries to cater his business to newer riders helping them get acquainted to track riding. Excellent instructors too.

Both Louden or NJMP are great to start at. Louden a bit more technical, NJ faster.

http://tonystrackdays.com

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
weRd! How are you getting your bike there? would you be willin to let a brotha crash at your place? :drunk::ciao:

Fred I'm definitely down to hit up the track with you meng! It would be interesting to see what the white ranger's megazord is capable of on the track! :crackup:

What dates did you want to hit up the track?

I havent heard the word "megazord" in forever :crackup:
I'm not sure when I'll be hitting NJMP yet. School and looking for a new job has been taking up a lot of my time. I was thinking of riding to/from because I might not have my trailer until summer (unless I whore myself out on-campus :eek:hyeah:).

i did some "mini-moto" back in the day as a youngin but still a trak-newb with the RR since i've only managed one intro- trackday, and I was warned (twice) to refrain from any "Mighty-Morphing" shenanigans.

teampromotion seems to be at NJMP the most, so unless a bunch of you guys go another Org. i'll probably go with them.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I might be down to go to NJMP. Let me know what dates you guys are looking at. Lanco Rider wants to head there to. I think we could get a good group together. I know NESBA, SportbikeTrackTime, and ProMotion go there a bunch.

·
Registered
951 Posts
NESBA is there 4/3,4 5/15,16 5/24

Team Pro-Motion is there 4/12 4/24,25,26 5/10 5/17 5/29,30,31

These are all dates for NJMP

·
Super Moderator
6,497 Posts
Hmm... I will have to check out Team Pro-motion and see what they have for prices and accomadations.

I will post up the dates that I am interested right here in this thread.

Fred, just bite the bullet and do it! You don't need a trailer, i'm sure you can find someone either on here or locally that will give you a hand.

BTW for those that do double duty, check out the East Coast forum for a dotNET ride down to MD for a car/truck/airshow.... its in June, so plenty of time to get your act together LOL....

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=169878

·
Registered
381 Posts
which track? I'll be going around the local tracks, NJMP, Monticello, Loudon as much as I can, don't have any dates set though.

·
Super Moderator
6,497 Posts
Possible dates:

May 29 & 30. Thunderbolt at NJMP
June 19 & 20. Lightening at NJMP

Both are held by Team Pro-motion.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My wife and I did tonys @ NJMP for our first time.. its def a first timer friendly track. NHMS is more technical and very fun but might overload the senses. Id hit the NJ dates first .. my wife and I will be there May 3/4 and at the NH 12th date. One thing youll find out is that if you get into trouble with a ride or bike problem.. people jump out of the woodwork to help you out.. TTD are a great group of people!

·
Super Moderator
6,497 Posts
dam i need a 1 piece leather suit.. do they rent them at the track?
There are plenty of suits that you can get cheap.... Just keep an eye out in the classifieds... and also, check out the WERA classifieds.... stuff goes there for realllllyy low prices....

1 - 20 of 40 Posts