Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi chaps, hope some one can help

was out on the bike (2005 CBR600RR) and the nose cone came very loose and was bouncing up and down quite violently

just then the lights died

indicators just glow faintly, barely flash, lo beam barely glowing,

when hi beam is switched on it makes a odd sort of arcing noise and kills the engine

im no electrics expert, disconnecting individual parts doesnt help

changed a relay that controls the lights with no joy

any help or advise much appreciated

·
Registered
10 Posts
Your front cowl shouldn't be just coming loose. There is a huge connector that plugs into the back of the gauge assembly. That is probably loose for the same reason your front cowl is and I suspect that the issue is somewhere in that area. You can't get to that connector without the cowl being removed, so I suggest you pull everything apart and inspect electrical connectors and wires as you put it back together properly. Easy, but time consuming.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Sounds like your air duct broke or another bracket broke and is allowing everything to bounce around and eventually disconnect.

Disassemble and you'll likely find the problem.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for reply

i played about for a day, disconnecting lights, indicators, changed relays etc, drunk about 6 coffees

gave up and took it to the shop, i said to the guy is it terminal?, can i sell or will have be turned into a track bike, he just laughed and said no, he'll get it fixed, so i was pleased to hear that

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so all sorted now, glad as i thought this might be terminal, there was a data tool gear indicator, a moody LED and a USB all wired into front loom which upset electrics, i think especially USB charger was a drain

took the guys most of day, lots or resoldering and tidying up, with all rubbish removed

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
I hate it when people cut stuff into the harness.

Few do it right, and it usually doesn't last....and it's hard to ts....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts