Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a couple of my buddies and myself take off for a short ride tonight. Well my other buddy says I met this guy on base who as an 06 RR, so he invites him along for the ride.

Well we head out of town not much to see in Oklahoma but we do have our places that we can go. I will be honest I was having fun heading out to the resort area to ride. Hit the resort throw a dip in the others smoke a cig then we head back down the only highway to get back to base. I for one was doing just five over legal. And the "new" guy with us and another ride are rolling on the throttle a bit. Well one of the two roll on the throttle I would say up around 80 well the "new" guy decides to kick it a bit more and then guess what......you guessed it two OHP are of to the side blacked out chit chatting with each other and they pop him for speeding.

Well we cruised up about a half mile jumped off on a little side road and watched from afar. Didn't take long for the cops to talk to him, and being a cop myself on base and having two other cops that where also with me we all look at each other in a sigh of relief that he had to have just let him off with a "warning", instead he got a reckless driving citation which crushed our night.

Well we are all standing next to the bikes waiting for the OHP to head on by and see the "new" guy so we can try and meet up with him. Guess who pulls into the side road....the OHP. We where like f*ck he is gonna eat us up for something!

Well he didn't he stepped out and says "you guys are all cops right?"....with this amazed look on our face we said "yes sir". So he begins to talk to us in this laid back tone about how fast we where going and that we need to slow down be carfeful and really look out for the little ole' lady not paying attention to us cause we could slam into her and get killed and kill who ever is in the car and that he knows exactly why we buy these bikes is for the fun and the rush you get. Then says "I don't want to give you guys any ideas but if your gonna ride like that there are plenty of county roads around here, and you shouldn't be riding fast on any roads anyway."(and of course we know the best "county" roads.lol).

All things considered he had to be a rider himself cause he was way to upfront and nice about the situation. See all cops aren't bad he did his job tonight and made sure we understood what could happen if your gonna ride dangerous.

-Izuumi-

·
Registered
208 Posts
A. is it legal in OK to be blacked out? Some states require some light to be on the cops car if they write you for speeding.

B. F U COPPER!

Edit: Kidding.. I hate the ticket cops. The guarding cops/peace keeping cops..riot stopping cops.. I respect those men. But when they are on traffic duty.. F. :)

·
Registered
599 Posts
I concur ^^

·
Registered
743 Posts
lol, 99% of cops are a joke. They either abuse their power or will in the near future. They speed regularly without their lights on. You can see them talking on their cell phones while driving. Is there a special school that teaches them to better pay attention to the road while on the phone as opposed to the rest of us? And if they are having a shitty day they are inclined to take it out on someone for not having a reflector, as opposed to the guy that made an illegal u turn and almost killed someone... LEO's are people too, but F most of them... Just my .02

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Umm, are you a cop? If so, he is respecting the shields you guys carry.
They guy he pulled over was not a cop.

And we don't carry shields as it is illegal to do so because we don't have jurisdiction outside of base unless of course the outside world crumbled and they called upon the military to provide justice...i.e. Iraq.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol, 99% of cops are a joke. They either abuse their power or will in the near future. They speed regularly without their lights on. You can see them talking on their cell phones while driving. Is there a special school that teaches them to better pay attention to the road while on the phone as opposed to the rest of us? And if they are having a shitty day they are inclined to take it out on someone for not having a reflector, as opposed to the guy that made an illegal u turn and almost killed someone... LEO's are people too, but F most of them... Just my .02
Common complaint among people I notice....I was once told if one cop breaks a law all cops must break laws too. Even though I don't agree with your percentage opinion, I still respect your post.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have to agree. There are a lot of respectable cops out there who do the right thing and make the right choices. But you know what they say..one bad apple can ruin it for everyone. Except in this case its more than just a few. Its just like any other profession, and I saw the same thing when I was in the military. Its a sad fact but not everyone who is in a position of authority is qualified to be there. Some people just don't have the moral and ethical responsibility to hold their positions but they slip through the cracks. Not all cops are bad but I do notice a lot of the things you mention and I think its more than just a small select few.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
there are good cops and there are bad cops. hopefully more good ones than bad. you guys got lucky with the OHP letting you go. maybe he was in a good mood that night.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I don't normally respond to these things but I now feel compelled. You asked if there was "A special school that teaches them to better pay attention to the road while on the phone as opposed to the rest of us." Yeah, its called "The Police Academy, Defensive driving course."

And the whole 99% of cops are a joke thing, most cops are easy going family men and women that took an oath to uphold the constitution and the laws of the US and their state. When they see something unsafe (ie: sportbike doing wheelies or flying down the road at Ludicrous speed, they are Mandated to do something about it...It is called "Due Dilligence".

Most cops, that I know, hate writing tickets. They know that it is taking money from people that are living paycheck to paycheck. But if they see something that is supremely stupid or dangerous, nothing gets a persons attention more than losing hard earned money.

And for those that say that cops "Target" sportbikes, well, Stuff happens. More young adults driving sportbikes don't have the proper documentation. Meaning that they don't have a cycle endorsement, insurance or even a valid plate. They can't afford it due to the high insurance premiums due to being a "High Risk" driver. Just an easy target I guess.

You can generalize cops as being d1cks, but they can also generlize all sportbikers as being punks. It goes both ways. Talk to a cop that has been dispatched to a motorcycle fatality call. Where an 18 year old kid turned himself into hamburger on the highway. Do you honestly think that image does not haunt the officer for the rest of their life? Their future enforcement of traffic laws becomes a higher priority after that.

Sorry for the rant...but when are we as a society going to accept personal responsibility for our own actions?

·
Registered
169 Posts
No offense, But myself being in the army, I bet being an MP stateside on base has to really suck ass?

I don't know, I think I just have chip on my shoulder now after some fricken PFC MP sexually harassed my wife on base ( I am not talking stupid little shiz sexual harassment, "like I want to win a lawsuit ******** from this"). This guy full on told my wife to show him her tits and then he wouldn't write her up for using her cell phone on base. My wife was like wtf? and he said "oh just a little of it ya know baby". Yes, my wife was on the phone with me and I heard everything he said to her... I believe he is being court martialed now... what scum, im sorry but i had to rant as well! and not to thread jack man

·
Registered
40 Posts
The Po-Po

I don't normally respond to these things but I now feel compelled. You asked if there was "A special school that teaches them to better pay attention to the road while on the phone as opposed to the rest of us." Yeah, its called "The Police Academy, Defensive driving course."

And the whole 99% of cops are a joke thing, most cops are easy going family men and women that took an oath to uphold the constitution and the laws of the US and their state. When they see something unsafe (ie: sportbike doing wheelies or flying down the road at Ludicrous speed, they are Mandated to do something about it...It is called "Due Dilligence".

Most cops, that I know, hate writing tickets. They know that it is taking money from people that are living paycheck to paycheck. But if they see something that is supremely stupid or dangerous, nothing gets a persons attention more than losing hard earned money.

And for those that say that cops "Target" sportbikes, well, Stuff happens. More young adults driving sportbikes don't have the proper documentation. Meaning that they don't have a cycle endorsement, insurance or even a valid plate. They can't afford it due to the high insurance premiums due to being a "High Risk" driver. Just an easy target I guess.

You can generalize cops as being d1cks, but they can also generlize all sportbikers as being punks. It goes both ways. Talk to a cop that has been dispatched to a motorcycle fatality call. Where an 18 year old kid turned himself into hamburger on the highway. Do you honestly think that image does not haunt the officer for the rest of their life? Their future enforcement of traffic laws becomes a higher priority after that.

Sorry for the rant...but when are we as a society going to accept personal responsibility for our own actions?
I'm new here but I'll post give my 2 cents...I agree with Quagmire...after all I am a cop in my city...as is my wife...and most of my friends which all mentioned are bikers...we hate writing tickets just because it is a lot of paperwork...most cops I know don't target bikers...you don't get pulled over for missing reflectors or depending on the state the lack of 12 inches between the rear turn signals...you get pulled over for doing something reckless and instead of giving you a ticket for that you will get a fix it ticket for reflectors...I am also active duty in the military...I don't use my "authority" to make peoples' lives miserable...I use it to make things better and keep them safer...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Agree with everything you said, but mostly that last part. People complain about getting tickets for anything from recklace driving, to a missing reflector. Realistically if you don't want to be hassled for a missing reflector, don't take the damn thing off. Plain and simple.If you do take it off, accept responsibility for your actions, and don't fault the officer for doing his job, upholding the vehicle code of the state he works in. That is what he gets paid to do after all.

Yea, I'm a cop. Yea I write everyone tickets, even those who ride sportbikes. Do I write tickets for reflectors? No. But do I fault others for doing the same. Absolutely not.

·
Registered
881 Posts
couldnt of said it better myself. i always wondered why they were allowed to talk on there cell phones and have there cars fully tinted with freakin limo tint.

i know theres plenty of good cops but i saw this video today and it pisses me off because theres so many cops out there like this one that abuse there power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp5837FiUdI&eurl=http://bulletins.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=bulletin.read&authorID=262102592&messageID=6352879318&MyTokeniurl=http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/zp5837FiUdI/hqdefault.jpg&feature=player_embedded

·
Registered
63 Posts
That guy is not a cop. He's a piece of **** who deserves to go to jail. Makes the rest of us look bad. F him, I hope he gets to think about his stupidity in jail for a long time to come.

·
Registered
169 Posts
couldnt of said it better myself. i always wondered why they were allowed to talk on there cell phones and have there cars fully tinted with freakin limo tint.

i know theres plenty of good cops but i saw this video today and it pisses me off because theres so many cops out there like this one that abuse there power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp5837FiUdI&eurl=http://bulletins.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=bulletin.read&authorID=262102592&messageID=6352879318&MyTokeniurl=http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/zp5837FiUdI/hqdefault.jpg&feature=player_embedded
Wow, what has America come to! The other patrons of the bar just stand there and let this guy do that to her! I just cant believe it...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts