Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
Liked / subbed.

Video was good, camera angle is good.

Only thing I can think of is wearing gloves. :p Also, were you riding around with high beam on?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes on the high beam. 10+ years ago when I took my riders course, they said high beams should be on at all times unless it's at night with oncoming traffic. Promotes visability.

I do the same thing it's fine if it's daylight. Think about it, when someone flashes she or headlights at you letting you know there is a cop ahead. Not so bad right?

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
I'm hoping to do the same kind of thing (soon). Going to modify my SJ4000 to allow an external mic, then see what I can do. Will have to work out some things to talk about to make it interesting.

With work, wife, and 5 kids time constraints will be a challenge!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thats true... To be honest, I find myself just talking and if I hit a good convo then I'll use it! I save the small stuff for a bigger video compilation but other than that, its just editing that takes up the time. If you do post something, make sure to let me know!

On a side note, its not in todays upload but Ill be changing perspective soon. Remounting to the front of the helmet. Should be interesting.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
Thats true... To be honest, I find myself just talking and if I hit a good convo then I'll use it! I save the small stuff for a bigger video compilation but other than that, its just editing that takes up the time. If you do post something, make sure to let me know!.
That's some good points. Will definitely let you know. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
I've been toying with the idea of doing the whole "anonymous" thing. Then realised it isn't hard to find out who I am with a couple Google searches of my bike and town. -.-

I guess I can still use the "handle", but it won't be so "anonymous" unless I can somehow change my handle on here, too. :p

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea, if people recognize you on the street anyway whats to stop them from following you. Thats why I never understood the whole "Pixelate the license plate" thing. They are common knowledge. Everyone can see them.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
yea, if people recognize you on the street anyway whats to stop them from following you. Thats why I never understood the whole "Pixelate the license plate" thing. They are common knowledge. Everyone can see them.
Exactly. I will still use the handle I have made for YouTube e.t.c. as it sounds better than just "Justyn". :p

By the way, here is my "intro" video: deleted.

I'm going to Jaycar today after work to buy a 3.5mm female mic plug to solder onto my SJ4000 cam for external mic. :)

Also subbed to your channel under "Oz Honda". :)

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
After I make an "intro" video, I think I'm going to respond to your gear topic @OneEyedGimpyGuy :)

Went to buy the parts to make an external mic today and the place doesn't take paywave! What kind of electronics store doesn't have paywave? So now will have to take cash and buy it tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
Nice intro! Lookin forward to your response!
Thanks mate! Soldered in the external mic jack to the SJ4000 last night, just waiting for mic to arrive to test it.

In the meantime just talking to myself to/from work to try and get my "public speaking" on point. It is harder than it looks!

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
Played with After Effects and Premiere, think I've settled on an intro video, and also a better sounding handle.

https://youtu.be/-iwxIt_p5J8

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
I never did an into video with mine, perhaps at sometime I will just not sure on what to make it or how to do it. I did quite a few videos last summer but the editing takes a lot of time. I'm using my gopro hero 4 and an external mic which I have wired under my cheek pads so the mic is right off to the side. I'm using the gopro studio to edit it, while it is nothing fancy it is easy to use.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I never did an into video with mine, perhaps at sometime I will just not sure on what to make it or how to do it. I did quite a few videos last summer but the editing takes a lot of time. I'm using my gopro hero 4 and an external mic which I have wired under my cheek pads so the mic is right off to the side. I'm using the gopro studio to edit it, while it is nothing fancy it is easy to use.
I like intro vids. Kinda makes me feel successful at it (8 subs! WOO HOO!) What is your channel, Id like to see it.

Also Juzman, hows your first vid coming?

·
2,862 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
2,862 Posts
Ohhh! Thats you! I subbed to you already :wink2:
haha I thought you had. I watched your two new videos yesterday. I'll prob do another one this friday.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts