Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 08 has 200miles on it and it just started raining out here in WA and doesn't seem to be many days for me to ride. I planned to hit the 600 mile break-in and then change fluids and store. What should I do?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah man, I remember that 10 month period that seemed like it rained everday. I agree with Kingdom, just ride those few days it decides to not pour on you. Looks like satellite shows some possible partly cloudy days you can ride. Don't know where you are but if you're in the Sea-Tac area just cruise down to Ocean Shores or take I-90 to Snoqualamie if the pass isn't bad. Should be able to break in the bike in no time. Be careful, I remember how bad the drivers are up there and bundle up if you decide to ride up to the pass.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was told to not ride it hard, but to just fluctuate the RPMs as much as possible...

it seems we might have some "ok" days next week so im gonna try to ride it every chance i get until its rainy for good :(

BTW: would it be a good investment to get a rear stand for storing it?

My checklist for storing it thus far is :

break in 600 miles
change oil + filter
lube the chain
bring the gas as low as possible and put some stabil in it
wash it and throw the cover on it
possibly rear stand? i heard its better for the tires

·
Registered
857 Posts
break it in like honda says. here in houston i have never had to store my bike in almost 20 years of street riding. ha ha. good luck and a rear stand is a good idea.

·
Registered
53 Posts
+1 on the rear stand and a front stand won't hurt either. I feel bad for you, after October you won't have a nice riding day until May. At leat the rain isn't too bad, just drizzle.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
+1 on the rear stand and a front stand won't hurt either. I feel bad for you, after October you won't have a nice riding day until May. At leat the rain isn't too bad, just drizzle.
:(

yeah dont remind me. I'm a californian so its gonna be hard coping with the fact i cant ride for over 6 months :(

When storing it, should i occasionally turn it on and let it warm up since i cant ride it?

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
break it in like honda says. here in houston i have never had to store my bike in almost 20 years of street riding. ha ha. good luck and a rear stand is a good idea.

yep break it in exactly like honda says right down to the letter.

and i quote
"avoid hard starts or rapid acelleration for the first 300 miles"

as long as you follow that piece of advice directly out of the owners manual you cant go wrong.

·
Registered
53 Posts
:(

yeah dont remind me. I'm a californian so its gonna be hard coping with the fact i cant ride for over 6 months :(

When storing it, should i occasionally turn it on and let it warm up since i cant ride it?
If you have the right stabilizing fluids you shouldn't have to start it up occasionally. If anything, that's more for the battery. When you finally take it out of storage definitely change the fluids, charge the battery, lube the chain, etc. Make sure you check the tires even if you're gonna have it on stands.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I live in michigan and i still ride plenty even though the weather sucks. If its not raining just put on the leather coat with a hoody under it and you'll be golden. NOW GO RIDE and dont be a *****!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Page 210 of the owners manual actually says that you should pay careful attention to how you ride the first 300 miles, rather than 600. Just checked it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts