Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi,this is my 2th track session.But somehow today i feel that am not even 50%.I feel that am closing the throttle to early,turning at the wrong place and all.Here the video,sorry i only manage to 1 lap(after 3warm up lap) before it started to rain like mad.Seeking you guys advice on the mistake i made.(sorry for the poor video,was recording using a key chain camera)

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
JMO:

You are braking to early
Turning in way to early on most of those corners
Leaning over to much for your corner speed
Treating double apex corners as singles
Not getting back on the gas early enough (may just seem that way as a result of the low entry speed)

So pretty much it just looks like you need more practice... Now this is the important bit though - I'm assuming you had fun!

And what bike are you riding?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok but any point on where i should start barking?Just before the yellow checker floor?
Sorry but can explain by treating double apex as single.Dint really had fun casue after 15min of riding it started to rain.
An 08 cbr600,if not why am here. =)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Next time try aproaching a control rider or coach and ask him to show you the correct lines. I'm pretty sure they'll love to help you. Follow them for a lap or two and start adjusting. Rmember to have fun while you are at it lol.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya,but sad thing is not many ppl here willing to "coach" you.Or maybe they hang out with their own click only.So the only thing i can do is the "feel" for the ride.that y this track session bad feeling.everything is like not smooth.

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Sorry mate, can't help you out with your markers - I can't really see where the best points are... only that you are making some common mistakes as evident from the way you come out of the corner.

And if thats a RR, you also need to pick your rpm up a whole heap... 10 grand is about the minimum you want to be at on the track.

Have a look at these videos...

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the video,but i watch them even b4 i got my this bike.anywya what you mean by "10 grand is about the minimum you want to be at on the track".You mean i shld be changing rpm at 10k rpm?

·
Registered
991 Posts
He means you should not let the RPM's drop below 10k. Ride it in the 10k - 15k zone. Also, you are a little timid with your corner speed. If you come through the corners with a bit more speed in general it will help with your lines. Right now you are going slow enough that your corners look like you are turning at a stop light, leaning over and then right back up. Speed will help you be more fluid by slowly leaning as necessary into the corner and then slowly coming back up.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmm,ok but u look at the video at 1.05,when i hit which marker then i must start to brake?When i reaching the "100' sign?

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Try to separate your learning.

So at first, work ONLY on getting the lines right.

Once you have the lines, work on getting upto speed a little.

Once you are upto speed, work on your braking.

Etc...

Don't try to do it all at once.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Try to separate your learning.

So at first, work ONLY on getting the lines right.

Once you have the lines, work on getting upto speed a little.

Once you are upto speed, work on your braking.

Etc...

Don't try to do it all at once.
what slowboy said.
You need to go slow to learn to go fast. Go as slow as is safe and work on your lines. Learn the track. When you are in the pits, close your eyes and visualize the track corner by corner. Once you know the track it will be easiers for you to hit your lines. Beleive it or not your lap times will decrease with out even trying.
BTW I've never been to a trackday where you couldn't find someone that was willing to help
I'm not familiar with the track you're on or the bike you're riding, but try doing some laps in one gear, and without useing your brakes. This excercise will work wonders.

·
Registered
753 Posts
It has to be hard to learn when you are the only one out there. How did you manage to get the track to yourself? Get with someone with some more seat time and have them tow you around:cruising:

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
what track is this?

a couple things I noticed right away was that you were making many unnecessary gear shifts. keep your rpms up high until you have to shift through the next gear. I wouldn't worry about your entry speed yet, because you need to figure out each apex first. don't just try to bomb through yet. once you start heading through those corners, try to keep as straight of a line as you possibly can because you're making too many mid corner corrections which is known as "fifty pencing".

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
JMO:

Treating double apex corners as singles
?
what u mean by treating double apex corner as singles?

It has to be hard to learn when you are the only one out there. How did you manage to get the track to yourself? Get with someone with some more seat time and have them tow you around:cruising:
like i said,this is Singapore/malaysia.we dont have track lession like you all have oversea.All here is self practice.And there's pro there but they got their own gorup of peeps.

what track is this?

a couple things I noticed right away was that you were making many unnecessary gear shifts. keep your rpms up high until you have to shift through the next gear. I wouldn't worry about your entry speed yet, because you need to figure out each apex first. don't just try to bomb through yet. once you start heading through those corners, try to keep as straight of a line as you possibly can because you're making too many mid corner corrections which is known as "fifty pencing".
what u mean by figuring each apex?by the way is track is at Malaysia,Pasir Gudang track.

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Single apex:

If this were a single turn it would be a double apex:

Something like this:

Or this:

·
Registered
753 Posts
like i said,this is Singapore/malaysia.we dont have track lession like you all have oversea.All here is self practice.And there's pro there but they got their own gorup of peeps.
You will have to ride with someone better than you in order to improve, otherwise you will just be practicing and getting good at bad habits. I understand you have no formal lessons, but surely there is someone you can follow around that knows his way around the track.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks nico,those pic really help alot!now i know by what u said i treat double apex as single.

Tacmedic:am afraid there is no one. =(

·
Registered
753 Posts
thanks nico,those pic really help alot!now i know by what u said i treat double apex as single.

Tacmedic:am afraid there is no one. =(
Man, that sucks. If you get back to the States, come to a Sport Bike Track Time event in the south. I am an instructor and will show you around the track.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts