Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
101 - 120 of 145 Posts

· Registered
1,076 Posts
Ok back to ECU not processing inputs and/or not sending triggers to coils & injectors.

Clue may be why injectors don't have power... Just to confirm, you unplugged injector connectors and measured voltage at blk/wht wire terminals with key ON?

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Ok back to ECU not processing inputs and/or not sending triggers to coils & injectors.

Clue may be why injectors don't have power... Just to confirm, you unplugged injector connectors and measured voltage at blk/wht wire terminals with key ON?
Key was on the entire time, yes I unplugged each connector to the orange fuel injectors. I then used my multimeter to connect one probe end to the exposed injector and grounded the other probe to the frame.

· Registered
1,076 Posts
Key was on the entire time, yes I unplugged each connector to the orange fuel injectors. I then used my multimeter to connect one probe end to the exposed injector and grounded the other probe to the frame.
You measured injector or harness connector? You want to ignore disconnected injector since it's no longer part of circuit. Take close look at injector connector you disconnected. Notice there's blk/wht wire going to it? Measure voltage on terminal inside connector that is connected to blk/wht wire. Should be blk/wht wire on every injector's harness connector.

· Registered
1,076 Posts
Yes I measured the actual injector. Thats what I meant I put one probe inside of the injector terminal and grounded the other end to the frame of the bike. Or am I still doing something wrong?
So you measured injector after unplugging it from harness connector?

Let's ignore ALL parts now, they are all good and functional. There's not single bad part on this bike. We have electrical problem with wiring harness. So we want to test harness wires and connectors:

1. disconnect all electrical connectors from injectors
2. measure voltage on terminals inside harness connector where injector plugs into (2 per connector)

So key ON, probe each terminal inside connectors that injectors plugged into

· Registered
1,076 Posts
Also follow procedure in manual to jumper DLC connector to have dash flash error codes.

Are there any error codes?

Reactions: tary preisser

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·

Let's ignore ALL parts now, they are all good and functional. There's not single bad part on this bike. We have electrical problem with wiring harness. So we want to test harness wires and connectors:

2. measure voltage on terminals inside harness connector where injector plugs into (2 per connector)

Yes I measured each injector after unplugging it from the harness.

Ok I will measure voltage on connectors to the injectors now

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·

Measured in DCV with the key on
Injector #1 6.24
Injector #2 6.24
Injector #3 6.09
Injector #4 6.07

· Registered
1,076 Posts
Injector #1 6.24
Injector #2 6.24
Injector #3 6.09
Injector #4 6.07
This is on injector connector's blk/wht terminal? Did you get any voltage on other terminal?

· Registered
1,076 Posts
Injector #1 6.24
Injector #2 6.24
Injector #3 6.09
Injector #4 6.07
Hmmm, something is seriously wrong.... Let's have you measure all 8 injector connectors. There's 2 sets of them, disconnect them all 1st.

Then probe both terminals in each connector for total of 16 measurements.

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Hmmm, something is seriously wrong.... Let's have you measure all 8 injector connectors. There's 2 sets of them, disconnect them all 1st.

Then probe both terminals in each connector for total of 16 measurements.
The ground that was connected to the left side of the frame was loose that’s why I had low voltage. After connecting the grounding wires. Every fuel injector connector measured 12.40-12.45 DCV primary injectors and secondary. And the actual injectors measured .10-.11 ohms. Everything within spec.

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
The ground that was connected to the left side of the frame was loose that’s why I had low voltage. After connecting the grounding wires. Every fuel injector connector measured 12.40-12.45 DCV primary injectors and secondary. And the actual injectors measured .10-.11 ohms. Everything within spec.
Also found more wiring on the front harness that’s been spliced to hell.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design

· Super Moderator
11,962 Posts
That's why I recommend people check that main ground so often. It gets corroded and sometimes vibrates loose like you found. One step closer. (y)(y)

101 - 120 of 145 Posts