Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
141 - 145 of 145 Posts

· Registered
1,076 Posts
Reactions: NewRedRider

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
No peak voltage reading on my multimeter and I don’t have the adapter. But I’ll check the cam sensor. I pulled the crank sensor and don’t visually see anything wrong. Due to me not having the peak voltage tester I can’t test it. I’ll do what I can to check the cam sensor.

· Registered
1,076 Posts
Yeah, it's system of parts that works together. Every single part in system must be working along with its proper installation. It's like filling your headlights with petrol, "I put gas in it!", but it's not gonna work. Sensor might be gapped too far, or wiring between sensors and ECU's bad. Easy to verify sensor-spacing, stick ever increasing sizes of feeler gauge in gap between flywheel trigger-teeth and pickup-coil until you get to one that doesn't fit. Gap is previous feeler that did fit. Compare gap between blown engine and this one. What are the numbers?

See if you can rent, borrow, or steal an oscilloscope.

Honda dealer has number hidden somewhere. Typically we want to see +/-5v swings peak-to-peak, so 10v total. This one has more than minimum, so good to go. I'll see if I can measure mine this weekend. It's taken part for track-conversion, so ECU connector's easy to access.

Cam and flywheel may have damaged trigger teeth. Spin engine around by hand and inspect every single tooth on flywheel and cam. 97 vfr750 spark mystery.

141 - 145 of 145 Posts