Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2004 cbr 600rr with 1300 miles. It has a rebuilt title. I know now that this was a bad idea but for the most part the bike runs and rides great. Here's my problem... the bike sits really low and the kick stand doesn't work. The linkage is factory. I checked to make sure. Is there anything else that may be either wrong or something i can adjust to fix this. Any ideas or thoughts are appreciated at this point. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Can you post up some photos?

Where is the top of the fork sitting in relation to the triple clamp?

·
Registered
14,366 Posts
It has a rebuilt title. I know now that this was a bad idea.
Make sure the rear shock isn't causing it, and I don't see it as a bad thing if you are buying the bike to ride. A rebuilt title doesn't automatically make the bike suck. I definitely hurts resale but if you got it for a steal who cares?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pics

Here are some pics hopefully they will help. It s kind hard getting in there with a camera. I did buy it to ride and I'm very happy with the way it rides and its about all I could afford. I guess just disgruntled right now. LoL. I'm so glad to be on a sport bike though!!!! Its a new world that I'm very happy about joining.

Attachments

·
Registered
444 Posts
is it me or the preload on the back shock all the way down or missing the collar.. something definitely looks odd there..

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
That shock definitely needs attention, the collar isn't sitting right, the spring isn't seated... given you don't know the history of the bike and replacement cost you may be better off just buying a new one...

·
Registered
235 Posts
i see shocks for sale on ebay all day from 20-50 bucks...easy fix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts