Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all. ive been doing quite a bit of research on all of the bikes around and so far the honda cbr 600rr is the best i have found. i am going to get one in july(saving money for insurance and reg.). i cant wait. i am taking my training course at the end of this month. when i went to the dealership and looked at the tribal/black model i fell in love. then i sat on it. OOOOOOOOHHHHHHH. definately a match made in heaven. lol anyways your web site is great and i love all of the info i have been able to get. if there are any pointers you can give a me at anytime please do.

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
welcome to the site! kudos on taking the MSF course first. i did the same, took it the weekend before i bought the bike. where ya from?

oh and as for advice: gear up! just have all the necessary stuff before you ride. lid, gloves, boots, jacket and pants (if you ride long and on the highway imo).

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Welcome officerbrat,

most of the people here are pretty cool and willing to help a brother out. If this is your first bike, ride safe and read the crash, boom, bang section regularly for reality checks cuz its easy to get a bit crazy on a sportbike.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BlueBlur, i already have my helmet, cloves and jacket. all i need to get still are the jeans that i saw that have the armor in the knee area. i am located in kansas. there are enough sportbike riders around to make me pout that i dont have my bike yet. lol

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
heh. good on the gear, just make sure you get some riding boots, not necessarily race boots, but something reinforced over the ankle and thin in the toes to shift easy in.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have boots that i use for work right now. but the ones i want to get are over $100

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i am sure that i will get them. in the mean time i will use my other boots. they cover my ancles as it is

·
Registered
88 Posts
Welcome,

Sounds like youve got your bases covered. Its great that youve decided to take the MSF course, you'll learn some valuable information from taking it, its good to take it before you start riding so you dont develop bad habits when riding. Good luck.

-M

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
officerbrat said:
i am sure that i will get them. in the mean time i will use my other boots. they cover my ancles as it is
Welcome to the forum!

Just make sure you lace those boots up all the way and tight! Otherwise they'll be snatched right off your feet as soon as you hit the ground. I mean IF you ever hit the ground. Don't want to scare him off before he even gets the damn thing!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts