Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the US's '04 600RR power figures, and ratios and stuff, i reacon u guys have more horseys under the hood than we do, and different ratios, anyone got any stock info?! ta

·
Hitz eit from z back
5,357 Posts
didn't know the rr had a hood. Both the hp and tq numbers are a bit on the high side though. I'd say a stock 600rr is closer to 100hp and around 45tq.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nah a debate on another forum went wierd, i say u got more powerful bikes coz u dont have **** like eu emissions to deal with etc but a mate reconed that they all came off the ship from japan the same...still i thought US hondas and yams were make in brazil or something? just a query really! i already got the best bike ;)

·
Registered
445 Posts
nah a debate on another forum went wierd, i say u got more powerful bikes coz u dont have **** like eu emissions to deal with etc but a mate reconed that they all came off the ship from japan the same...still i thought US hondas and yams were make in brazil or something? just a query really! i already got the best bike ;)

Pretty sure the cheaper models are made in brazil or something (eg, CB250F), but i'm pretty sure the RR models at least are from Japan.

And whilst US bikes may not need to comply with EU emissions, there is california. And many other countries (eg Australia) need to comply with EU targets as well.

I reckon honda/yamaha/etc would just not bother making different models and just ship the one - maybe detuned for california via ECU tweaking. They certainly wouldn't want to run a seperate production line...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good point. i dont reacon they make different models tho, but ur ECU tweek sounds about right for them! nice one guys.

o whats the crack with california? they got emissions laws and not the rest of the US etc?

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
good point. i dont reacon they make different models tho, but ur ECU tweek sounds about right for them! nice one guys.

o whats the crack with california? they got emissions laws and not the rest of the US etc?

thats called CARB

California Air Regulatory Board, or some crazy mess like that... theyre little tree hugging hippies.

·
Registered
176 Posts
It seems that sportbikes all have generous hp and torque figures. They must do these tests in a controlled environment in supper perfect weather conditions.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
It seems that sportbikes all have generous hp and torque figures. They must do these tests in a controlled environment in supper perfect weather conditions.
lemme guess, 1st bike, or youre thinking about one?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts