Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have 07 with 10400 on it. I havent done a oil change recently and i havent done anything different to the bike. I first noticed it when i got the bike in july felt like i had to let the clutch out more on this bike then my last but i figured it may be just different bikes. I did the test when you put it in 6th and accelerate to higher RPMs to see if i had any slippage and nothing. RMPs moved right along with the speedometer. My issue is that when im engine braking the bike seemed like it used to grab alot harder when i was gearing down, now it doesnt seem like it bites as hard. I have no problem accelerating through the gears no slip spots it just seems like the engine braking isnt as effective any more.

I don drag race, or wheelie so premature clutch wear from those are out.
What could it be????

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im in wilmington NC. Humidity is a B*$%^ here. Its been getting a little cooler out so its not as bad. May be its all in my head. May be its the tires not gripping as much..... IDK.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
just ride. you will know when your clutch is slipping. there won't be any question about it. make sure you have proper freeplay at the lever.

·
fast03600rr
9,995 Posts
i would say its most likely just the tires... a clutch should last a long time unless your working it ALOT..

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
i lost the clutch in my 929 last summer, it wasnt totalled, just didnt have enough friction left on the friction plates. you will feel the difference during acceleration. you will spin the throttle and the bike will rev way before you start moving.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
An oil change and clutch adjustment is due.
No more than 10-20 mm free play in your clutch lever. If you are unable to reduce the play at the lever adjuster without it nearing the edge then you need to adjust the tension above the clutch case cover.
I'm not sure if there is a how-to posted up in the maintenance/how-to forum.
If you have trouble adjusting post up and we'll help you out.
If you don't have a service manual get one.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
UUUUGHHH....jeez. I didn't even notice the post date.
I hate when that happens.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
at least the newbies are using the search button
dunno about that, why would you search for a thread in order to provide an answer? Don't know how they manage to come across them... :dontknow:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts