Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im currently in the process of buying a motorcycle and I've been looking around and have found a few good deals... I ran into this one bike that a dealership is selling but the motorcycle has approx. 3500 Miles according to the post... Its in 07 Cbr 600.. Im not saying that the Odometer is wrong but is it possible to have the cluster switched out to have a show a lower mileage to get a higher price for the bike... The bike looks to be in excellent condition but i personally feel like a bike that is 07 should possible have a little more miles. I dont want to pass a good deal on that but what are some things i should look out for if it is a possible shady deal. Thanks

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,726 Posts
With only 3500 miles everything should still be clean. Look in all the nooks and crannies, behind the plastics etc. The exhaust headers should be clean still and not have dirt burned into them or pitting from road debris. The grips shouldn't be worn etc. Just look for signs of age really

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Low mileage bikes are pretty common. Most people don't use them as daily commuters and some people buy them and for one reason or another never ride (they stop enjoying it, scared of it, skill set isn't there, etc).

I would say an '07 with 3,500 miles isn't that unheard of... but I will echo wibbly's thoughts and say to look at thing that shouldn't be worn out to make sure.

·
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015
7,274 Posts
i have an 07 and only this year did i pass the 5,000 miles mark...

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Got my 07 last march with 3500 miles. Definitely not unheard of. Like Others have said people buy n get scared or have no time to ride so it sits

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just bought my 05 with 7600 miles on it. Low mileage bikes aren't uncommon.

I'll echo what's been said previously...check the bike over really well if you're doubtful.

·
Registered
553 Posts
i know mine is a bit newer, but i bought my 2009 with about 1000km on it, the guy had it 2 yrs and didnt like parking it at work so he would always take his car.

·
Registered
286 Posts
i got 43,301 miles on my 07 so yeah it is not unusual to have really low miles....if you checked every nooks and crannies on mine you know it looks it...

:D

·
Registered
108 Posts
A lot of guys (like myself) only ride 500-1000 miles a season. Pretty common to see low mileage like that around me in the midwest.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought an 07 1000rr with just under 8400. Like others have said, some people buy them and don't ride.

If you don't mind me asking, what are they asking for it?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've seen bikes from '07 with a couple hundred, not thousand, miles on them. You can look around the bike, the overall condition of the bike will tell you if thats true or false. Look at the chain, chain guard, and the nooks and crannies.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Im currently in the process of buying a motorcycle and I've been looking around and have found a few good deals... I ran into this one bike that a dealership is selling but the motorcycle has approx. 3500 Miles according to the post... Its in 07 Cbr 600.. Im not saying that the Odometer is wrong but is it possible to have the cluster switched out to have a show a lower mileage to get a higher price for the bike... The bike looks to be in excellent condition but i personally feel like a bike that is 07 should possible have a little more miles. I dont want to pass a good deal on that but what are some things i should look out for if it is a possible shady deal. Thanks
3500 miles on an 07 is darn low - but some people just dont ride their bikes much at all before selling them

This bike has barely done 437 miles every year.....I've put 4500 miles on my new bike in one single season :crackup:

clusters can be swapped out but if you're going for a bike through a dealership then it's more likely to be 100% legit.

so how much IS the bike listed for? I wouldnt expect to pay more than 5 grand even with that low mileage

·
Registered
71 Posts
With only 3500 miles everything should still be clean. Look in all the nooks and crannies, behind the plastics etc. The exhaust headers should be clean still and not have dirt burned into them or pitting from road debris. The grips shouldn't be worn etc. Just look for signs of age really
will def. want to also check fork seals, check for any signs of oil leakage below motor on lower fairing, make sure clutch is good, and make sure its not missing gears at throttle

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
When I went with my buddy to buy his bike (the bike I own now) back in 2010 it only had 3,000 miles on it. It's also an 07. The guy said he bought it in 08 with zero miles on it and was terrified of it. He said in two years he only rode it around town. Probably what happened with the bike you're looking at. Someone got tired of moving it around the garage and decided to cut their losses and trade it in. Really look the bike over, and if possible run the Vin.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
approx. 3500 Miles according to the post... Its in 07 Cbr 600..
I picked up my 2003 CBR600RR with 34000km (21000mi) last year. Not everyone uses them as a daily commute.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts