Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered a set of tires from them on 8-10 and still havent recieved the tires. I emailed them this morning 8-20 asking them the status on the tire and they tell me that the tire is back ordered for another 2 days!!??First off why would you advertise something you dont have in stock, and 2nd why would you not notify the buyer immediatlely when you know you dont have something in stock. It really sucks bc I need the tires for a track day on the 22nd of this month

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
I like to order stuff over the phone for these kinds of reasons, but even if they were in stock, 10 days is pretty quick for a package the size of tires.

I give this 10 minutes before Moe moves it to the Vendor Review section though.

·
Administrator
51,154 Posts
Look at this way cycle sector is a small company , a one man show right now
just because he advertises a product does not mean it will be in stock

His company is not the only one that follows that practice you
can not stock every product no matter what size of company you got
unless you are filthy rich and if you were you would not be working
you would be hanging out in Misano (Italy ) right now waiting for the GP
boys to roll into town

As soon as he has the tires he will ship them out no doubt about that
what so ever

Please do me a huge favor change that avatar man tons of members
browse our site at work and might get in trouble for looking at such
images thanks man

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I know the shipping time on tires is longer, but that's why we buy online right? save some $$$ but wait a few more days to get delivered
Bingo!

If you needed the tires that fast you shouldn't have ordered them so late, it isnt magic, they don't use teleporters to send your goods, you have to wait sometimes.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was under the impression that there was going to be a drop shipment so I a thought 2 weeks would be enough time

·
Administrator
51,154 Posts
I was under the impression that there was going to be a drop shipment so I a thought 2 weeks would be enough time
I do agree with you that does make sense but when the tires happened
to be on back order there is nothing Cycle Sector can do about it but wait
for them to get delivered

I am sure he called the supplier more than once asking about the tires and he was told he would get them as soon as they are released and is that is all the info he can supply you in return its an unfortunate situation but he can not do anything about it nor can the supplier

Thanks for taking care of that avatar :five:

·
Resident Arai Freak
2,808 Posts
IIRC the shop only keeps the Stones in stock and they go quite fast, I would call the shop tomorrow morning to get it all sorted out. As much as I would hate to say it you'll probably need to buy a set locally because of your time constraint.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
For as cheap as you can get tires from Disco, anyone should be thankfully they can get tires for that price. A few extra days, or several extra dollars? Yeah I thought so..

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It would have just been nice if I was sent some kind of a notification in a somewhat timely manner letting me know that the tires were back ordered, instead of waiting 10 days and then when the customers makes an inquiry they tell them thats its back ordered.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I do agree with you that does make sense but when the tires happened
to be on back order there is nothing Cycle Sector can do about it but wait
for them to get delivered

I am sure he called the supplier more than once asking about the tires and he was told he would get them as soon as they are released and is that is all the info he can supply you in return its an unfortunate situation but he can not do anything about it nor can the supplier

Thanks for taking care of that avatar :five:
no problem

1 - 13 of 13 Posts