Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is infact about a bike that won't start... I think I wrote about it on this forum earlier, but problem wasn't solved.
Ok, here's the problem.My friend's bike: 03 600rr from States. Symptoms It cranks but gives no spark, no fuel pump noise, FI indicator on dash. BAS ok, checked million times, swapped. ECU swapped for a new one - no work. All fuses checked - all good. All relays good. All connections good. Engine cut relay clicks. Oh, important thing - it all started when they tried to install an anti-theft device - so they took insulation off some wires to connect the device. The fuel tank was dropped on the floor accidently. When they noticed that it won't start anymore, they took anti-theft thingy off, but it wouldn't start. It's been half a year already and its still in the same state.
The guys in the service don't have the tool to start the self-diagnose sequence...

So,
1. What would your thoughts be? The guess it that there is a short or a breake in fuel electrical circuit... is that plausible? What does Fi indicate? I know it means Fuel Injector, but in which cases does it show up? I couldn't find anythinf about it in the manual for some reason...
2.Can you start the self-diag sequence without the tool? I heard that you can short some wires on a diag connector, bu I don't know which ones... Any ideas? The season is bout to start here in Moscow, I even saw a bike today! :) I mean my friend is in deep depression because of this... help.:all_cohol

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Diode in the ignition... Without the diode working your fuel pump will not turn on.... T

1 - 3 of 3 Posts