Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed the other day that I have a slight oil leak that drips onto the kick stand when it is down. I haven't investigated it to much, but what part of the motor could be leaking right there?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure, but believe there is a overflow or vent hose by the kick stand
Thank you for the idea. I will look into that and check and see if it is coming from there. I know there is also a coolant overflow there as well

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
if you cant see nething take and wash that side good with a degreaser and start it and run it while it sits there and take a light and watch to see where its coming from

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if you cant see nething take and wash that side good with a degreaser and start it and run it while it sits there and take a light and watch to see where its coming from
Yeah that's what I was going to do, degrease that area really well, wipe it down real good and see if I can see where it is coming from

Reactions: speeddeamon88

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I haven't lubbed my chain since I bought the bike at the beginning of April

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I jsut bought the bike. PO did at the end of last season. I;ve put on like 350 miles on the bike.

I jsut bought all the proper stuff to properly de-grease and lube my chain.

BTW it isn't an oil leak, I was at the dealer yesterday, and the tech said it was prolly chain oil from the last time and it slung everywhere. When I degreased that area on Monday and washed the bike, it was bone dry still

1 - 14 of 14 Posts