Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called Carolina motorsports park and they told me they don't do track days for beginner bike riders at all, and don't do advanced groups until August!

Right now the only lead I have for my first track day (coming from Charlotte, NC), is cornerspeed. VIR does more track days from what I've seen. Do I need to move to East Coast? Lolz

I thought trackdays were most every weekend? Say it ain't so. I've got my bike ready to go and all my rider gear!

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Have you checked out sport bike track time? There awesome and will take you from a beginner to intermediate in no time. Awesome coaches to help you along your way.

I dont know what tracks are around you tho. Check out there website i see you said vir and cmp but being in the midwest that means nithing to me lol

·
Registered
903 Posts
As stated above, check out Sportbike Track Time's website and schedule. We have events going on at CMP on May 21/22, July 2/3, and Road Atlanta is probably around 200 miles from Charlotte....Aug. 6/7, and Oct. 29/30. We don't run at VIR, but there are several options for you to think about with the above listed dates.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the helpful responses... I was able to sign up for a novice class at carolina motorsports park for april 8th, after that I plan on going to VIR, CMP, and any other course within a 6 hour driving distance from Charlotte, NC...

You would think there would be more of a race scene in Charlotte with all the nascar, guess it's just a car scene.

·
Registered
24 Posts
CMP definitely does beginners. I'm a beginner and just rode there in Nov.

Look into Performance Riding Experience. That's who I've ridden with a few times. They are pretty damn great. Mostly everyone there is incredibly nice and more than willing to help out. They also don't bump people unless you truly deserve it. I'm pretty sure a lot of orgs would have some of their I riders in PRE's beginner group. They also do fundraising stuff and do airfence stuff with RoadRacing World.

They go to VIR a lot. Mostly North Course, but South and Patriot, as well. It's much of their schedule. I went with them to CMP in November and had a great time with them, there, too. They are also going to NCBike (officially called NCCAR-North Carolina Center for Automotive Research) this year, too.

They do not f around with safety. They know what they are talking about, and they turn out fast riders. I've learned a hell of a lot from them in two track days.

Hell, when I was at CMP with them, and we had a smaller turnout, they combined the A and I groups (holding I rules of only passing on the outside) and made the sessions 30minutes each instead of 20. Way more seat time. Check em out.

https://www.ridepre.com/events/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts