Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well that didn't take long to get over 3000+ miles. Chicken strips are less than an inch thick as well. Gotta love this twisties.

Gotta letter in the mail today and looks like I am going to be with out a bike for a couple of days because Honda doesn't know how to think very well either. How many of you did this break thing effect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,826 Posts
jrdenney said:
Well that didn't take long to get over 3000+ miles. Chicken strips are less than an inch thick as well. Gotta love this twisties.

Gotta letter in the mail today and looks like I am going to be with out a bike for a couple of days because Honda doesn't know how to think very well either. How many of you did this break thing effect.
First off, I think Honda thought pretty damn well to come up with an engineering marvel like the 600RR. For a first-year production bike, there are REMARKABLY few issues with it.

Secondly, the recall has effected virtually ALL '03 and '04 600RRs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
242 Posts
Break thing? What broke? I'm confused.
 

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
Joined
·
7,847 Posts
"Chicken strips are less than an inch thick as well."

cough cough :squid:

Jason
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,407 Posts
Visitor Q said:
"Chicken strips are less than an inch thick as well."

cough cough :squid:

Jason
hahaha, thats what I was thinking...Mine are non-existent on my new tires (200 miles on tires) and smoked the stock d208's in 2700 miles... :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
504 Posts
lol

Man seems the guy gets poked fun at for everything he says.

First year for the majority of cars and bike have issues/recalls. ZX10r had every bikes front tire recalled already. My Altima the first year they came out with the new body style had like 3 recalls already and faulty struts they just wont fess up to. I had two bad struts already, one at 8000 miles, again at like 15k miles. Same with my friend with his Altima.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,434 Posts
jrdenney said:
Well that didn't take long to get over 3000+ miles. Chicken strips are less than an inch thick as well. Gotta love this twisties.

Gotta letter in the mail today and looks like I am going to be with out a bike for a couple of days because Honda doesn't know how to think very well either. How many of you did this break thing effect.
jrdenney, Don't worry about the chicken strips man. And don't let these guys goat you into pushing to hard. Take your time and get comfortable with the bike at your own pace.

And what's with them telling you they have to keep your bike for two days to fix the brake recall!! :shock: It takes about ten minutes for them to replace the bolt! You tell your dealer to order the part, call you when it arrives and they have time to see you, and then drive the bike over and wait for it. Don't leave it for two days with them unless you know them personally. I mean, to me that's like my child or something. "You want me to leave it with you!? I don't think so!" That's ridiculous man! Call you service writer back and tell him what you want. This is the dealer jerking you around. Not Honda. Honda did the right thing.

Tim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
I dont have chicken strips at all on the rear, and about 1cm on the fronts.

Yeah its kind of nice to say i lean it all the way over, but in reality- it doesent mean that you are a good rider or anything. It can mean nothing, or it can tell you everything. They could be brand new tires with nicky haden riding em, or they could be tires with average Joe poser using em. Who knows.

I have no strips, but i also learned the hard way. I ran out of tire and lowsided. A better rider would have had his body off more at he same speed- but me thinking this bike can do anything, didnt hang off enough and down we went.

Just focus on choosing a good line and being smoother. Speed will come with practice not with the lack of unused tire on each side.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
phaderlanx said:
I dont have chicken strips at all on the rear, and about 1cm on the fronts.

Yeah its kind of nice to say i lean it all the way over, but in reality- it doesent mean that you are a good rider or anything. It can mean nothing, or it can tell you everything. They could be brand new tires with nicky haden riding em, or they could be tires with average Joe poser using em. Who knows.

I have no strips, but i also learned the hard way. I ran out of tire and lowsided. A better rider would have had his body off more at he same speed- but me thinking this bike can do anything, didnt hang off enough and down we went.

Just focus on choosing a good line and being smoother. Speed will come with practice not with the lack of unused tire on each side.

+10
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top