Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my bike back in August from a guy that had laid it down hard enough to break off the right side spool. I'm guessing now that theres nowhere to put a spool on I'm SOL if want to add another one. Well that's all fine and dandy but doing maintenance on the bike as many of you know is a PITA without a rear stand.

So what are my options here? Are there stands that are made that I don't need spools to use? I know this is a stupid question but I do need a couple of options. Thanks...

·
Ninjore Supreme
6,535 Posts
Yeah use a tap and die set and drill out the old spool stud, if you don't own a tap and die most auto stores rent them out.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I would do that but here's the thing....The whole housing is gone! So nothing to drill out. It was ripped off the bottom, almost flush!

What now?

·
Ninjore Supreme
6,535 Posts
I thought you snapped the bolt my mistake, they make tons of stands for non-spooled bikes. My dumb a$$ bought a cheap Heindl set of stands and they suck.
Pitbull makes awesome stands I use my buddies and its soooo much better with or without spools

Pitbull

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
There are 2 kinds of stands. Spool type, and pad type. The pad type have rubber paddles that lift the swingarm. They are just as sturdy as spools.

Look into them. Go to one of the sponsors and ask about them/pricing.

Pitbull makes a stand that is pad/spool swapable.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have a set of handy stands. Some people say they're not sturdy, some say they are. I'm in the crowd that hasn't had a problem with them. They're inexpensive. $99 for a set of front and rears. They are pads, and they just hold up the swing arm. That's an easier solution than trying to get the spool into it. In the past, I kept my bike on there for weeks on end.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Try finding someone who can tig weld aluminum. Weld the thing back on.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
If the shipping weren't such a hassle, I'd give you the old pad type rear stand I used to use. It's just taking up room in the garrage right now. I don't trust it though, It says Suzuki on it.

If anybody wants it, free for pick up.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you looking to purchase a front and a rear stand or just the rear?
Well just a rear right now. I've heard that it is the most important stand to have and I'd know I'd sure use it a lot. But if the right price came along I'd probably get both.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you can tell me if there is a particular brand that you would like I can find the prices for you and shipping costs and I can give you a deal.
I've heard that Pitbull makes a great stand. If anyone else replying to this thread can recommend another type of "padded" stand that would be cool I'd appreciate hearing what I could have a set of the Pitbull for first. Shipping will be to 77904 Thanks...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Handy stands are great, especially for the price. I have the pads and the bobbin supports. Total for the front and rear stands with bobbin/pad supports was around $130 somethin.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts