Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Taken from another website.

1: number of times Rossi has had to battle for the title in the last race of the year. A new facet of his personality was revealed when he choked under pressure from Nicky Hayden.

3: number of races won by Troy Bayliss at Valencia this year. First time anyone has won a MotoGP and a SBK race in the same year. Also the number of first-time MotoGP race winners this year.

5: number of points separating Valentino Rossi and Nicky Hayden at the end of the season. Also the number of points Toni Elias took from Rossi in Portugal by 0.002 seconds at Estoril, and gifted to Hayden when Edwards pitched himself off his motorcycle 100 yards away from the finish line at Assen.

7: number of race winners this year. Came agonizingly close to eight (see Assen again)

16: number of years separating the youngest winner this year (Pedrosa, 21) from the oldest (Bayliss, 37).

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
lol nice!

Personally I don't think Rossi choked, Yami did!

We all know what Rossi is capable of! But his M1 can't do what he wants it to. That's pretty obvious this year by his finishes. And well Racing is a TEAM effort so if Yami don't get their act together Repsol should be ontop again next year :D I HOPE!

GO NICKY!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
And what would have happen if Pedrosa didn't crash into Nicky, or what would have happened if Rossi didn't wreck @ Velencia? Well Nicky probably would have won BOTH RACES.

So what good are the what ifs? just curious ;)

·
Registered
316 Posts
cbr_220 said:
so what would've happened if rossi won at estoril and got the 5 points, would there have been a tie for motogp world champion?
My guess would be that Rossi would have won the tie breaker on race wins. That's my guess but it didn't happen so hooooray for NICKY!!!! :wav:

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Let's not get into a "what if" battles, because those are pointless and at best speculative. However, I do believe that a lot of Rossi's ill this year was due to the shortcomings of Yamaha. He said it himself, they had problems with the M1 the day of the race. He was running 11th in warm ups and said he couldn't find the speed to battle up the pack. Crash.net did a neat litte guess-timate of what if's and if Rossi didn't crash and kept the pace he was going, Hayden would have still beat Rossi by a scant 1 point. But again, that's a what if. The problem was Rossi's bike. Yamaha finally let him down.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
sooperman, +1

Absolutely!

But at the same time Gotta give Nicky credit, he had problems since switching to the EVO bike after the USGP. So they both had their problems...

Yami def let Rossi down tho, Rossi didn't choke! He doesn't know how...

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
I looked at that Rossi crash probably about 20-30 times. And every time, it looks like he's perfect on the entry and I believe him when he says he STILL doesn't know what happened that was wrong in that turn. I don't believe that Rossi choked. Impossible. Even if he's human, the dude is so SUPERhuman that it's impossible. I've seen him go into corners hotter than that and stuck the turn. All I can believe is that it was some sort of SUPRAhuman act. There's no other explanation. But I'm man of faith and after Hayden's interview, I think he is too. So, don't flame me, just my opinion :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
sooperman12 said:
I looked at that Rossi crash probably about 20-30 times. And every time, it looks like he's perfect on the entry and I believe him when he says he STILL doesn't know what happened that was wrong in that turn. I don't believe that Rossi choked. Impossible. Even if he's human, the dude is so SUPERhuman that it's impossible. I've seen him go into corners hotter than that and stuck the turn. All I can believe is that it was some sort of SUPRAhuman act. There's no other explanation. But I'm man of faith and after Hayden's interview, I think he is too. So, don't flame me, just my opinion :)
Yeah, the Yamaha M1 is certainly a big factor, but Rossi is as well. He certainly was over riding that bike this year. Just reference where the remaining Yamaha riders were week to week. You can't help but wonder if this caused the DNFs.

As for the Valencia crash (and Assen to a lessor extent), the guy is human and can make an error. It was pointed out that he has never faced this situation in the top class when going for a title. He could have botched it. And I'm sure he doesn't know what happened. He doesn't exactly make errors that often!

Hats off to Nicky Hayden, 2006 Moto GP World Champion!

·
Registered
965 Posts
How can anyone call a guy a choker that makes up 51 points in 5 races? Respect the Legend you peons :-D

·
Registered
965 Posts
Nicky is the champ for now, but he IS lucky. :smile:

·
Tell me I'm cool PLEASE!
811 Posts
Probably Valentino was on the brake a little too much, or Michelin had a "sneaker" tire on the front. Either way with a full load of fuel, he had too much lean angle/ force on the front and it washed on him.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts