Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I have a problem with my bike. I have a 2007 RR. I know that one of my problems is that the cct need to be replaced.
Not a big noise but starts knocking again (just a little bit) after 3000 miles (ONLY 3k miles f..ck).

My other problem.. When i rev the bike over 5-6k rpm (over the noise of the cct) i feel a numbness and vibration on the bike. I can feel it on the clip ons (stock), all the bike and i see it from the mirrors that vibrating.. For all those that gonna say that is normal it is not... In the past i didn't have this problem..
I can't see from the mirrors now at 6+rpm . I think that this problem start after i have a downshifting istead of an upshifting (then i changed the cct). At the beginning it was not noticable but as time passed the vibration was very noticable. The problem is not from the gearbox because i seclude the gearbox with the clutch and have the vibration again... I am thinking of silentblock if our bikes have or something inside the motor.
I forgot to say that i tighten the cct from the inside bolt and rev the bike but again i feel the vibration so it is not from the bad cct...

And one more (maybe not) problem
When i braking and almost stop i feel something is knocking in the front brakes (knock knock till i stop completely). It doesn't sound something but i feel it on the clip ons. Any ideas...

My biggest problem is the vibration...

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
please explain what you mean by "I think that this problem start after i have a downshifting istead of an upshifting ". did you down shift and push the refs above red line when you wanted to upshift instead. thsi could damage the motor i suppose.

the vibration on the brakes is common. i have it too, and i know there are seom threads on 600rr.net about that so do a search. i think you may have to replace the brake pads, but id be more concerned about the engine vibration at speed. that sound expensive

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
please explain what you mean by "I think that this problem start after i have a downshifting istead of an upshifting ". did you down shift and push the refs above red line when you wanted to upshift instead. thsi could damage the motor i suppose.

the vibration on the brakes is common. i have it too, and i know there are seom threads on 600rr.net about that so do a search. i think you may have to replace the brake pads, but id be more concerned about the engine vibration at speed. that sound expensive
Yes i downshift istead of an upshift so i push the revs above red line... It was just less than a second but i know that it can cause a big damage...
I downshift and release the clutch and push it again. The problem is that in the biginning the problem was only the cct. I changed it and i had just a very very small vibration nothing unusual. But as the time passed the vibration gets bigger...:sad3::sad3::sad3:

And which part of the motor may be damaged if it is the motor?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
im a noob when it comes to engine failure however there are a lot of moving parts which could be damaged when stretched beyond its capacity. anyway there is no use in speculating about it. rather get the bike to a professional and let them check it out and advise you, advisably take it to more than one dealer for an opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts