Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved from Philly up to NYC and looking for some good places to ride close to the city, preferably on the Jersey side as I'm living in Hoboken. Any good route recommendations? Thanks all!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just moved from Philly up to NYC and looking for some good places to ride close to the city, preferably on the Jersey side as I'm living in Hoboken. Any good route recommendations? Thanks all!
Yeah man, plenty of places once you get outside the city. You can start by getting on the Palisades and checking out the area North. Buzz around Harriman State Park, then head over to Bear Mountain and ride up to the top of Perkins Memorial Drive. Some good twisties, and great views. From there you can head up 9W for a nice ride too.

My only advice -- beware the NYS Parks Police. they look harmless, but they aint. A couple of those little towns along 9W have 30-35 mph speed limits, and they WILL nail you.

Some beautiful scenery to ride through up this way, definitely check it out. :cruising:

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I've been riding for 3 years and I still havent been to any exciting places to ride in NYC or even outside of NYC. Kind of sad.

Btw Hoboken is MUCH closer to NYC than Philly. I'd say 20 min or so.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
u got a nice rout towards tollman park just off JW bridge its a nice ride nothing special.. and bear mountain parkway is nice as well

·
BOTM 07/09
1,693 Posts
A couple of those little towns along 9W have 30-35 mph speed limits, and they WILL nail you.
I don't know about 9W but I can tell you that the towns along 9A have those same speed limits e.g. 30-40 mph. I got nailed last year in a company vehicle for going 47 in a 30. The cop was REAL cool by letting me off with a warning. But yea, those small town cops enforce the speed limit to the T.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I've been riding for 3 years and I still havent been to any exciting places to ride in NYC or even outside of NYC. Kind of sad.

Btw Hoboken is MUCH closer to NYC than Philly. I'd say 20 min or so.
You obviously haven't been upstate...
Bear Mountain
Hawk's Nest
Harriman State Park
Catskill's

I mean it's not north GA/west NC/East TN...but it's definitely better than squiding around the city.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You obviously haven't been upstate...
Bear Mountain
Hawk's Nest
Harriman State Park
Catskill's

I mean it's not north GA/west NC/East TN...but it's definitely better than squiding around the city.
Where is this? The only Hawks Nest I know of is in West Virginia.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
high point nj, and hawk's nest (pt. jervis) is the best you'll find.
For other roads, you'll have to head to the Catskills. SICK roads up there.

for a nice cruise, try the Harriman Park and Bear Mountain roads. register over at tristatesportbikes.com for a friendly community of NJ/NY riders. they're responsible guys and gals who do group rides ALL the time.

and of course for the best riding possible, head down with TPM or Absolute Cycles to NJMP Thunderbolt (2.5 hrs from NYC). Fantastic new track.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Yeah it's a bit far, but definitely worth it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts