Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I have encountered too many close calls this week. I might be putting away my bike for this long weekend. Do not want to tempt fate. Anyways... its about 9:30 pm, I am taking my girlfriend home on the bike, since I have not touched her (the bike that is) for a while. :) So I take my two babies for a spin. I decided to take the Grand Central Parkway home since there are no commercial vehicles on that highway. I usually take this route to bring her home. I jump on the highway, cruising at about 65 with my g/f on my back. I am in the middle lane, I am really starting to hate that lane. I usually ride in the middle of the middle lane, that way I can dodge cars if necessary. So of course this dude puts his signal onto change into my lane. I gave some gas and made a roar with my bike just to let him I was in the lane and also gave a honk. But this dude still attempts to enter my lane. So I pressed on my horn for a good 10 seconds, then he decided to stay in his lane until I passed. So I dropped of my girlfriend...

Chilled with her for about 2 hrs and decided to head back home since I have a early day tomorrow. I saw on the news that they just finished rennovating the Long Island Expressway which a HOV lane that goes all the way into Queens now. I been avoiding this highway for the past two to three years. The HOV lane project took about 12 years to complete by the way. Anyways, I get on the highway, WOW freshly paved roads. SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH, I thought to myself "wow, am I still in nyc?!??!" So I enjoyed the smooth lane for a while, cruising with the traffic doing about 75 mph. As soon as I jumped on the highway I saw a marked cop car sitting in the newly built HOV lane waiting... like a shark. I slowly merge in with traffic. So I am cruising still.. about 7 miles into my way home, I was behind a mercedes sl 500.. he was doing about 80 to 85 mph, I was behind him with about 4 car lengths to spare. So I decide to jump into the middle, just instinct because I saw a black car behind me and at first I thought it was a TLC, and I did not want to keep the speed up. So I merge into the middle lane.. there was a big 16 wheeler in my right lane and a bmw 330ci following it. I was chilling and kept looking in my mirror and I thought to myself it cannot be a TLC black car because there was a passenger in the front seat. So right then I knew it was a cop, and I started to think that tonight was not my night and I would be pulled over. As soon as I was thinking that the bmw 330ci decides to suddenly jump into my lane w/o signaling and just a rapid change. I honked my arse off because I was about 4 feet away from his bumper when he cut me off. So now this dude is totally in front of me, and I start to nodd my head at him. And the dude just pulls back into the right lane.

Just then the unmarked police car is now behind me. And he witnessed the whole thing. So I am now thinking to start easing off and get myself ready to be pulled over. All of a sudden he switches in the right lane and puts on his lights. The bmw 330ci now got the heat!!!! Yay!!!! I was grinning the rest of the way home. I just wanted to share of the mini excitements of my rides every so often. But I am glad the dude got pulled over, I mean. I keep an eye out for all the vehicles around me. I was looking at this dude in the bmw when I merged into the middle lane. Had his seat back and everything driving like a teenager. Did not check to see if it was clear to switch lanes and aburpt lane change as well. I did not slam on my brakes or anything otherwise it could've gotten worse, I just let off the gas.

Sorry for the long story... g'nite. live to ride another day. but not this weekend though, its a long weekend and there will be too many maniacs on the road for any type of relaxing riding!!!

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
hahah good stuff bro, glad ya didnt get a ticket or crash....take it easy bro

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
glad your ok man...thats good that he got pulled over. it sucks when you get cut off, it pisses me off though when your wearing a bright a** reflective vest and you have your brights on in the daytime and they still don't see you...thats california drivers for you

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Times like this I actually like ND....

Okay, I just got done smacking myself for that comment, we're good to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts