Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to know what you guys (owners of these backpack) thought? And does a helmet or boots fit inside? Is it durable? Stitching good? What?

Here's how the TOOLBOX backpack looks with a helmet strapped to it. Not bad. http://oakley.com/o/c461s

·
Registered
856 Posts
Damn that toolbox one looks bad ass. Helmet looks pretty secured to, not to mention you can put shoes on the sides of it. Might save up and get this, could use something like this for work/school.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Toolbox gets my vote

Then agin,the other might be better for long trips.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I considered that toolbox one, but decided against it because the helmet sticks out really far and is not really protected. Looks like it would be easy to ding your helmet if you aren't too careful.

I went with the Joe Rocket Blaster 2.0 backpack instead.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
FYI guys, don't get the Toolbox. Well, you can if you like but I just viewed both of them and there's hardly any room in the Toolbox backpack.

Only good thing about that backpack is the helmet holder, sunglass case built-in (or rather on the bag), and the MP3 holder up on top.

The Oakley Icon offers way more room, protective cover/layer for your laptop, and numerous of pockets/compartments. This is the bag I got (Olive green). Awesome bag! Very comfy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okay, I thoroughly tested the Oakley bags and there are some drawbacks to the Oakley Icon backpack. The only drawback I experienced is...they say a laptop will fit into the separate compartment specifically made for it. Well, yeah if you own a Sony Vaio (those tiny ones) but if you don't it won't fit. You'll have to settle for the first compartment.

However, I recently found out (during the bike convention show) that the Oakley Icon backpack offers plenty of room to fit your helmet and extra accessories. I was really glad I invested in this backpack.

As for the Toolbox, that pack still sucks but for some odd reason it's on back order.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.