Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A solution for those of you that end up riding both during the day, but end up stuck riding home at night. Bring your clear visor and w/ these sunglasses, you'll be just fine.

-------------------------------------------

http://uncrate.com/stuff/oakley-wind-jacket/

Oakley Wind Jacket
Protect your eyes from the wind while maintaining the proper level of cool with the Oakley Wind Jacket ($220). Designed with motorcyclists in mind, the Wind Jacket is a modified version of the Split Jacket, featuring snap-in gaskets for a protective, wind-blocking seal, a removable strap to keep them securely sitting on your noggin, and included sets of interchangeable dark and light lenses so you can keep your eyes from drying out whether it's a sunny day or moonless night.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
wouldnt putting the helmet on pull the strap down/

·
Registered
387 Posts
pardon the pun, but I don't see the point of these.

Bring an extra visor.
put it in a sleeve or cover and it tucks inside your jacket around your hip or waist.

why would I want plastic objects bouncing around inside my helmet in the event of a crash?

if you're the type of moron that wears a half-helmet then those $220 goggles are a good choice.

(1/3 of all impacts in a motorcycle crash are to the face and lower jaw - google 'half helmet crash photo')

·
Registered
579 Posts
I've tried these on a few different times and can't get over how WIDE the sides are initially. I get that it blocks more sun in your peripheral but god damn they swallow my head LOL

you should look into the asian fit then, they are a smaller version that might fit you better

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
do the asian fits really fit differently? i've never been able to find them to try them on

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Mine say Gascan S
im not sure if they are asian fit, but apparently (from what i've heard)
the bridge is slightly smaller

i have no issues with peripherals

·
Registered
579 Posts
do the asian fits really fit differently? i've never been able to find them to try them on
yeah they are actually smaller, my buddy had some asain fit half jackets that were smaller then my regular ones, its not huge difference though

·
Ain't Even Excited
1,769 Posts
Interesting, never heard of asian fit glasses. I do have a smaller, narrower head. I like the glasses, just always felt goofy when I try them on due to the sides being so large.

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
i have a problem with the lenses on some sitting on my cheeks, i hate it. i love the oakley batwolfs (i think?), i want a pair sooooo badly

·
Registered
579 Posts
yeah you two should look into the asian fit styles then, the half jacket xlj's have a curved lense that would help with the cheek problem but im sure those are more manly then you want lol

the batwolfs are like the gascans but the lense is one piece right? if so they look pretty good!

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
yeah i looove those, i wanna do the custom ones

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I have a pair of the gas cans and the flak jackets. I wear the flak jackets under my helmet on days when I want to let some more air than the little vent tabs allow, like today... 102 in dallas and I was on the bike ALL day.

I get more visibility in my peripheral vision with the flaks than i do with the gas cans.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
i use to wear canteeens when riding but now i have a transitions shield and just wear my black/gold holbrooks for ballin :)

·
Banned
2,603 Posts
I used to wear my oakleys under my clear visor, but kept forgetting they were on when I would stop and take my lid off. haha. that sucked. every time. lol really.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I have a pair of the gas cans and the flak jackets. I wear the flak jackets under my helmet on days when I want to let some more air than the little vent tabs allow, like today... 102 in dallas and I was on the bike ALL day.

I get more visibility in my peripheral vision with the flaks than i do with the gas cans.
:+1: for the Flak Jackets. Have a couple different lenses for them. Super easy to swap out. Plus they dont have that funky temple that sticks out like on the Half Jacks...they are just flat and fit under helmets much better.

The Gascans look good on some people....but not me lol.

·
Premium Member
51,156 Posts
I honestly like the 10$ shades why cause i prefer spending the dough on my lids
wait till you see my new one this time its coming for the land of the Emporer

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.