Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
OMG, it's amazing! It's not like it's a contract that was drawn up under the failed bush administration during a previous bailout.

I think you need to do some research. It's a contract from over a year ago, and they are required to make the payouts.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
What do you expect? That Obama was going to back up all of those campaign promises like "reaching across the aisle in bipartisanship"? Pursue bipartisan solutions for balancing the economy? Promise to hold those who've received bailouts accountable for how they spend their money? Bring back troops from Iraq? So far, he's 0 for 4 and counting!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
For the US capital system to work, we must have a right to property. This idea was important enough to be written into the 5th ammendment.

The contracts for AIG employees are legal and binding. As such, they have a right to their bonuses (Property). To take that away is unconstitutional. Further, to take it away with a law passed after the fact is in direct violation of section 9 of the US constiution: Limits on Congress (see bill of attainder).

You might not like that these bonuses exist. However, legislative, punitive retribution is unconstitutional.

Moreover, the outrage of which we speak is for about a tenth or a percent of the overall bailout to AIG. If you want to get mad, get mad about that. If you want to do something about that, then elect a congressional representive that knows how you feel.

This ridiculous, faux outrage is getting us nowhere, but it is wasting a lot of valuable energy and time.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Of course he knew!!!

What you believed that whole line about "It's not my fault, I didn't make this problem, I inherited it. But I'll take the blame!"

I hope you didn't fall for that ****!

Yea he inherited it... FROM HIS OWN APPOINTED TAX CHEATING LOBBYIST!!!

Oh wait, was that in one of those bills that we were all going to get a week to reveiw because he wasn't EVER going to "RUSH" anything through?

A lobbyist? NOOO Obama said he wouldn't appoint a lobbyist!

It's a FVCKING JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought Bush and his administration was bad! This has to be the WORST ADMINISTRATION IN HISTORY! And yes I am yelling!

Hey, while we're at it, all you people who serve to keep our freedom, who risk your lives for the rest of us, yea... maybe you should go get your own insurance, we don't appreciate you (apparently!) We would rather take the amount of money that would pay for your insurance for the next 340 YEARS and give it to AIG, to prolong them going under and let them give it out to employees, some of which don't even work there anymore! And most of which caused the company to lose 60 BILLION dollars in ONE QUARTER!!! (um, and a US RECORD!)

Sh|t did someone turn off my teleprompter?

[/rant]

·
Registered
43 Posts
the reason they made a big deal about it at the time that they did was the white house asked for a diversion from the news media in order that they might divert attention from the fact they are righting off their own debt while pretending to have the money and planning to write off national bank debt. The problem here is that the bandaid of trillion dollar spending is not the answer for a country who has terminal financial and political CANCER. He is an empty suit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts