Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
My job cut everyones hours down to 28 per week to avoid having to provide insurance so I had to go out and get a second job. Kinda the opposite of benefiting.

Knew it was gonna happen tho and have been telling the people who say obamacare is so noble how dumb they are for years.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I appreciate being able to stay on parents health insurance until 25 after I was laid off and lost my benefits! Other then that it is stupid. My girlfriend recently got a job at Safeway that is doing the same thing, hiring part time employees to skimp on paying insurance.....great try Obama.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I had free brain surgery. Totally for free, it didn't cost anyone anything. Money just magically appeared by the truck load and paid for all my problems. Obamacare saves lives, one magical moment at a time.

·
Registered
14,365 Posts
I had free brain surgery. Totally for free, it didn't cost anyone anything. Money just magically appeared by the truck load and paid for all my problems. Obamacare saves lives, one magical moment at a time.
God bless Obama!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Lol funny thing is, that's actually how it works with our money. Since its not backed by or tied to anything (i.e. gold), the federal reserve just prints it by the truckload. Which in turn devalues the dollar via inflation.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Personally, I had my plans go way up in being compliant with the law.

My existing plan was about $3,700 per year with a $2,500 deductible. However it wasn't ACA compliant. I didn't have maternity coverage, contraception, etc... (none of which I wanted...)

My updated plan, see ACA compliant version of the same plan, now costs me $8,600.00 with a $10,000.00 deductible.

Which I sadly, cannot afford and will be losing December 31st.

For the first time in 16 years I will be without health insurance. :(

Luckily I had shoulder surgery in January before the switch. Yes, I liked my doctors and my plan, I wanted to keep them!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
My job cut everyones hours down to 28 per week to avoid having to provide insurance so I had to go out and get a second job. Kinda the opposite of benefiting.

Knew it was gonna happen tho and have been telling the people who say obamacare is so noble how dumb they are for years.
Sorry to hear about your hours cut back. So...that's not the fault of your employer?

And, if you knew it was going to happen years in advance, why stay in that situation?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Sorry to hear about your hours cut back. So...that's not the fault of your employer?
No, businesses need to do what they can to survive. If the dumb **** of a president passes a law that makes businesses spend money unnecessarily, it forces their hand into making these types of decisions.

And, if you knew it was going to happen years in advance, why stay in that situation?
Not everyone can just up and change their situation. Contrary to what Obama wants you to think it's not any easier to find jobs out there.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Is it the fault of the employer that the regulations imposed on them made it sensible to make such a cut?

What if the other option was the fire the employee as they couldn't afford to provide the insurance that was being demanded of them?

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Certainly some of our tax dollars go to healthcare funding, but that's ok
Right, so you're statement about not paying a "dime" was incorrect...

In fact, you don't know how much you actually do pay?! Do you?

Wouldn't that be a useful thing to know? You also have plans that are selected for you, by your government. With procedures that are deems ok to be performed on you, based on factors THEY prioritize.

We, here in the U.S. have never had that. If we wanted something, WE decided for ourselves whether or not we were to get it.

We decided how much we wanted to spend (unlike you, who has no choice). And now we are losing our options that we were promised we could keep, losing doctors some of us have had our entire lives, that we were promised we could keep...

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
I was told mine was going up $120 a month and I would have to change policies. Then got another letter saying for this next year I could keep my current policy. I guess because of the problem's that are going on.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,787 Posts
Right, so you're statement about not paying a "dime" was incorrect...

In fact, you don't know how much you actually do pay?! Do you?

Wouldn't that be a useful thing to know? You also have plans that are selected for you, by your government. With procedures that are deems ok to be performed on you, based on factors THEY prioritize.

We, here in the U.S. have never had that. If we wanted something, WE decided for ourselves whether or not we were to get it.

We decided how much we wanted to spend (unlike you, who has no choice). And now we are losing our options that we were promised we could keep, losing doctors some of us have had our entire lives, that we were promised we could keep...

If you're rich sure... I hate to say this but I trust our government a whole lot more than I trust private sector insurance.

You can go on about the system in the US but sadly it falls short... On the world level the US ranks shamefully low when it comes to healthcare. Mainly because the entire system was built for the rich, not the people.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
If you're rich sure... I hate to say this but I trust our government a whole lot more than I trust private sector insurance.

You can go on about the system in the US but sadly it falls short... On the world level the US ranks shamefully low when it comes to healthcare. Mainly because the entire system was built for the rich, not the people.
Sorry wibbly, but IMO, you're as wrong as could be... No disrespect...

Our systems isn't just for the rich. In fact, I can have a policy that includes the very same doctors that the rich person's policy has.

In your system, it's the rich who pay for the "good" doctors directly, outside the government system.

Those "studies" that rank healthcare systems around the world are hilarious!

Want to quote them, then lets discuss them. Which one are you referring to? The reason I ask is because each uses a different method in ranking of these systems. Whether it's cost, access, coverage, persons with coverage, etc... All of which can be debated as to whether or not IT's the priority.

So, if you want to use a study like this as your basis of belief, cite the one you see as being just and lets see what it uses as its matrix for ranking these systems.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts