Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any speed at all and my 07's mirrors are so shaky I can't make out what's what behind me, hard to keep an eye on the local fuzz... any aftermarket mirrors better?

D

·
0 Posts
Welcome to sportbikes.
Only mirrors out there that I know of with a vibration-canceling design are the Rizoma's, and they're worth the price tag.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I see fine out of mine. Dont have a prob with them vibrating.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I like to place a finger on my left miror when im looking at any thing in the distance. this will cancle a lot of the vibs.
not a bad idea but i dont like having to take my hands of the bars to look behind me. I mean i do it when i have to turn around but i tend to angle my mirrors to look at my blind spots more then my rear....i dont care who is behind me

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I usually just jump up quick and stand on the seat and then turn around and sit backwards... can see everything behind me!

seriously... my mirrors are fine but if you want to... go with what demented said and check out the rizmoas... they are nice :)

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
put it in neutral and turn it off.

btw, might be a nice mod for someone to find out how to reduce vibration on the mirrors. Sell some little rubber absorbers for $5.
dont think its the engine that is causing the vibrations.. its the road.. just mount mirrors on your helmet.. your body absorbers all the shock so mirrors be perfect

D

·
0 Posts
dont think its the engine that is causing the vibrations.. its the road.. just mount mirrors on your helmet.. your body absorbers all the shock so mirrors be perfect
Mirrors on the helmet that could see around you would be awesome...if someone can figure out how to make a device that isn't bulky.

I remember hearing talk years ago about some company working on making an HUD helmet that displays the dash info for motorsports. An HUD helmet with a small rear view camera that shows the display somewhere on the shield would be the ****.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
Mirrors on the helmet that could see around you would be awesome...if someone can figure out how to make a device that isn't bulky.

I remember hearing talk years ago about some company working on making an HUD helmet that displays the dash info for motorsports. An HUD helmet with a small rear view camera that shows the display somewhere on the shield would be the ****.
http://www.sportvue.com/motorcycles.php

close but im sure you can find a way to hook up a camera to show up on it

i just wish i had more info on this HUD .. not for the camera.. but it will add gear indicator along with rpms speed and what not

·
Registered
377 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
lol damn you beat me to it. I remembered seeing it in one of these magazines I have and it took me a few minutes of going thru it to find the page it was on.

close but im sure you can find a way to hook up a camera to show up on it

i just wish i had more info on this HUD .. not for the camera.. but it will add gear indicator along with rpms speed and what not

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
lol damn you beat me to it. I remembered seeing it in one of these magazines I have and it took me a few minutes of going thru it to find the page it was on.
lol. only thing i dont like is .. it can only be on one visor .. you would have to buy another kit.. to have it installed on another lens.. like a darker one.. since most of us have two or three

D

·
0 Posts
That sportvue isn't what I was referring to though, lol. It was some Italian company that had the HUD built into the helmet. I doubt you could wire that thing to a camera since it's so small. You'd get more detail looking at a penny from 10' away.

·
Rizoma King
485 Posts
I can attest to that. The Rizomas are WELL worth the extra $$$ for the features you get. Vibration dampening, anti-glare coating, much lighter than stock, killer profile, etc

Welcome to sportbikes.
Only mirrors out there that I know of with a vibration-canceling design are the Rizoma's, and they're worth the price tag.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the same problem when on the highways going 50+ mph. One way of getting around it that I found is when you check your mirror quickly pull in the clutch and the mirror will stop vibrating. You can do that or another way of spotting cops behind you with shaky mirrors is to wait and see the emergency lights.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts