Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I posted a couple days ago the '81 KZ1000 Kawasaki my buddy just got for his first bike. He's left it at my house right now because I'm in a much more rural area than he is and it's a little safter to learn out here. I decided to take it to work yesterday as I hadn't rode it outside the neighborhood yet and wanted to see how it was. I've drove a couple cruisers, Harley's, etc... before but never more than down the street and back. After riding that thing for the day all I could say is wow, I'd really like to have a cruiser as a second bike. To me, riding a bike like that is just a totally different experience. It's more like you're enjoying the ride in the open air and getting to watch the scenery around you than on a sportbike. The bike is comfortable, just floats along like a big luxury car.

Then, after work the owner of the bike comes to my house so we can go riding. So, it's back to the RR.....HOLY CRAP, this bike handles with razor percision. I had grown so used to it, it took riding something like that for the day for me to appreciate again the handling and throttle response of my bike. To me, riding the RR is just enjoyable in a diffenent way....going down the road on it you enjoy the bike and the actual ride more always concentrating on your lines, lean angles, shift points, etc....

Anyways, most of this is probably pretty obviously to most people that have had access to both styles of bikes during their riding life but it's really something I've just realized after 8 years of riding in this sense. I'd definitely suggest to anyone that is able to own one of both. I know that is my plan now. As for now, the RR is definitely the choice if I have to have just one. But I'll be sure to be on the lookout for a cruiser in the next few years to fill that spot next to my RR.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I agree with you tottaly. I am saving up cash right now to buy a Hardley Davidson in about a year. I just don't enjoy riding with my wife on my RR and she has always loved to ride so I am going to buy a Softtail. I love cruisers, just have to keep my butcher knife as well. :bounce:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I totally agree with you guys. Im also thinking about getting a cruiser. I was thinking about the Honda Shadow. What do you guys think?

C

·
0 Posts
I think we will all also want a cruiser at some point. My gf rides fine on the RR, but I think she would be so comfy on a cruiser. I'll be getting one one day too.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Shadows are great; I had an 01 vlx and it was alot of fun around town just not on the highway. So if your going for a shadow go for anything 750 and up. good luck and let me know what you all get

·
Registered
255 Posts
I agree also

I rode my friends Harley "night train" and it was awesome. I would love to have a few different kinds of bikes to suit my mood. A cruiser and a sport bike is the best of both worlds

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had a chance to try 5 of the new kawi cruirers when I was helping out at a local demo ride. The Meanstreak was a fun bike to ride but had to watch the pegs in the corners. When I got home I took the old RR out for a run. For me I could never get the same rush as rolling on the gas and coming screaming into a corner on the RR with a cruiser. Like you guys already said as a second bike for sure but never as a replacement for a sport bike.

·
Registered
39 Posts
How about a Honda 599 or something similar.

G

·
0 Posts
I doubt I'll get a cruiser (was thinking about it for a while, a V-Star actually), but I can't say I won't get an FZ1 once they friggin fuel inject them (which they may never do, who knows). I love that bike, but no way would I replace the RR with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts