Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been pulled over for having an "obstructed license plate"?? If so wat was ur court experience like n wat type of fine was levied if any. Thanks....

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its ******** man. Mine aint even really obstructed. He even asked me if i could read my plate from where he was standing n i could. I mean it was dirty from riding in the rain but still some ********. Is it worth fighting??

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
No not worth fighting just round up a stock assm reinstall the plate drive it to the P station get an officer to sign off the Fix it ticket then invest in Tripage Adj bracket or simply make your own where the plate is hanging from the exhaust bracket ( furthest point at the rear of the bike ) and you should not have any problems there after

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I asked him if it was just a fix it ticket n the douche said he didnt know. I read up n it said something like they cant pull u over solely for that if u werent breaking any other laws

·
Registered
14,365 Posts
If they consider the plate to be obstructed, they have every right to pull you over. In fact, you're asking for trouble having it in a bad place. I keep mine where they can't give me hell for it.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mines not really hidden tho. I got the FE from tripage. It sits between the passenger pegs

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
How much do you weigh? Find someone your weight, plop them on the seat then take a look at it from the rear and tell us how unobstructed it is, my guess is you'll barely see it, for sure not from driver seat.

You know it's not right there if you're honest with yourself. Don't give cops reason to pull you over for stupid ****, put the plate in a visible spot, take a pic and see if you can get it dismissed.

Mike

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ive had it for at least 8 months n have had plenty of cops pull up behind me w NO issue at all

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Ive had it for at least 8 months n have had plenty of cops pull up behind me w NO issue at all
Great, and now you have had one cop have an issue with it in 8 months; if you're fine with those odds keep it like it is. EVERY state has regulations against obstructed plates, some enforce it with vigor, some let it go. And some are in the middle.

Last time I will say it but if you give them a reason to screw with you, you WILL eventually get screwed with. Personally the "cool" factor of a tucked plate to me is not worth the idea that I could get stopped and fined when all I want to do is ride and keep my own money for things I want to spend it on, not funding the policeman's ball.

Your call at this point.

Mike

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I got a fix it ticket for mine when I had a bracket mounted to the battery tray. I replaced it with the adjustable tag bracket from Tripage (mounts on the exhaust canister strap). Took a picture, showed it to the DA, case dismissed.

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
I got a fix it ticket for mine when I had a bracket mounted to the battery tray. I replaced it with the adjustable tag bracket from Tripage (mounts on the exhaust canister strap). Took a picture, showed it to the DA, case dismissed.
That is exactly what i suggested for the op to buy the ADJ plate holder . OR an L shape Aluminum bracket with the vertical part held in between the muffler & the muffler strap while the horizontal part holding the LP itself with lighted bolts or a strip of white led lights on the edge of LP frame for lights and presto evrey one is happy

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
Miss O'Seven RR with Tripage ADJ FE

·
BOTM Winner 05/15
9,996 Posts
I had a ticket for an improperly mounted tag back in my younger years. Fixed it a day or two later, took pictures with a date stamp, and asked for a hearing since it wasn't a fix it ticket. Cop and judge seen it was fixed immediately, and since I was courteous during the stop, they dismissed the ticket.

IMO, since it's the LEO's discretion on whether to write you a ticket or not, your attitude during the stop will go a long way in determining if it's a fix it and forget it deal, or pay up and lick your wounds.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ya im ordering the adjustable fe from tristan today. I was very cordial w the officer as i always am during any type of traffic stop. Hopefully i can go to court n fight the ticket to be dropped

·
Registered
433 Posts
i read a story about a guy who was fined for the same reason. he did an information request and found out that the officer radio'd in his plate before pulling him over, and because of this it was dismissed. he plain and simple proved that his plate was not obstructed.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts