Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
Cause he is looking down and only riding with one hand. He doesn't have control of his bike according to the law you are not ever supposed to remove one or the other hand unless you are stopped. "that's according to law"

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Her in NJ they have made it law that you must use a hands free device while driving and on the phone, but you see cops all the time driving and yapping away on the phone. I have asked a few cops and their reply is that sometimes they have to discuss private matters, or other info that they do not want to broadcast over public airwaves so they use their celphone and can do it while driving. I have used this excuse once while being pulled over in my work truck and it actually worked, i explained to the cop that i was calling in someones credit card info for services i provided and I showed him a credit reciept that i had just finished writing, the officer said be careful and have a good day.

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
There is nothing that important to do while you are driving "riding a bike" COP. Take 2 seconds to turn your lights on and pull into the emergency lane and then give people tickets for not slowing down because you are sitting there doing nothing. Lucky I didn't see that, I would have been on my hands free phone next to him and yelling out the window telling him I am on the phone with the chief of Police. Especially being in the left hand lane where the speed limit is 50mph on our fancy digital speed signs that didn't even work until earlier this year. Glad I don't live in orange county.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
T, you are absolutely corect. i kinda ignored the fact he is on a motorcycle. but like i said, that is the excuse they will give and justify any action they make, no matter how wrong it is.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Guys, stop giving him so much crap. He is obviously using the new police interactive app called: iDetainYou. It just hit the iTunes store a few days ago.

It's in the top 10 app downloads according to Bullsh*t Weekly.

It features an ability to track down texter's using their iphones and driving. Allowing an average of 16.3 less tickets per month, while raising police cruiser insurance $512 a year.

Yeah, id **** with him on the road probably. People absorbed into their phones while driving piss me off. I understand sometimes you have to answer the phone it could be an emergency. But those stupid conversation's where people don't focus on driving are bull ****.

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
hmm... for some reason I don't think he should be doing this.
It may not have been the best option at that moment, but if he was conducting police business, then guess what... He can do it...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts