Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got this odd rattling/hissing noise that I hear occasionally. I've noticed it on and off for probably 6 months now but it has become more prevalent in the last couple of weeks.

I normally start to hear it in 4th gear at about 5500rpm and it continues through 5th and 6th between 4500-6000 rpm for the most part. i sometimes hear it in 3rd gear at about 5500 as well... dont think ive ever noticed it in 1st or 2nd.

the best way i can describe it is that it sounds like a metallic rattle with the occasional hiss or "psst psst psst" noise thrown in.

im thinking possibly the CCT.

bike is pretty much stock performance wise except for a two bros slip on.
currently has 23k on the odo. i purchased her last december with 13460 mi. as far as i know the cct has never been replaced.

thinking about taking the bike over to the shop tomorrow and having the owner ride it and see what he thinks. he has the same bike as i do.

any ideas??

D

·
0 Posts
Where is the sound coming from on the bike? From the front of the bike, or the right side of the engine?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its really hard for me to tell... but i kinda want to say from the right side of the engine.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
If you say it might be from the right side of the engine, it's a good possibility it could be the CCT.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, i was just out riding around and it seems to be coming from the right side of the engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts