Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I just finished putting my bike back together and started it up on sat and rode it around for awhile. Rode great and everything seemed fine. So today I go to take my bike to work and I start it up and notice that it is making a funny grinding/klunking noise. So I turn the bike off and look around...start it back up and it is still making the noise. Sounds like it comeing from like the alternator cover or somewhere around there. The mods that I did was the diy velocity stacks. 520 chain conversion -1 up front, led passenger pegs, diy custom gauges, and powder coated my swingarm pegs, covers and some other stuff. Any one have any advice on what it could be or what to check?

·
Registered
270 Posts
does it sound like your chain is grinding on anything? maybe it's grinding on the plastic chain guide? my cousin went -1 up front on his gixxer 600 and he had some noise from rubbing on the chain guide. i wouldnt worry about it if that's that it is.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think it is that because I had the bike in neutral which would mean the chain isn't moving

·
Registered
270 Posts
oh ok i thought it might just be grinding while you were riding. it is a constant noise or does it get louder/stronger when you accelerate?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i didn't really ride it with that noise....but it didn't really get louder when I gave it some gas.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But it is definately coming from the alternator cover...any ideas anyone? I think i'm going to have to pull it back off!! AWWWWW

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I tore my alternator cover off tonite and two of the bolts that hold that magnet in were halfway out! They must have vibrated loose when i was riding. So I locktighted them in and put my cover back on! Now it's three days of waiting for the hondabond to dry! Hopefully they stay this time!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts