Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I just bought a 03 cbr last week and the guy I bought it off of has a -1/+2 gearing so of course the odometer was off a bit. It said it had 23,000, but probably about 20,000 on the engine.

I've had it a week and haven't even rode it yet, but last night I walked it into my living room and turned it on and the odometer read 36,700.... HOW IN THE HELL?!!?! I'm so confused about this. I have no clue why or what caused this.

If anyone has some insight or any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it.

On a non-related side note, my clock won't reset or let me change the time either. I've tried doing what you're supposed to do, with and without the rubber buttons but nothing.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
damn thats a big difference are you sure it didnt read that before?

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
23,000 miles x 1.6 = 36,800 kilometers

you probably switched it to KM accitendally without noticing

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
23,000 miles x 1.6 = 36,800 kilometers

you probably switched it to KM accitendally without noticing
:face palm: yeah it seems i did >_< thank god you either know or looked up metric conversions XD

idk how i changed it, i know my buttons dont function right. i guess i did it when i pressed the button the circuit board with a pencil.

now once i figure out how to fix my button situation ill be happy again :D

thanks for your ingenious response

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
^^^ lol could have happened to anybody

·
Registered
414 Posts
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

... my 05 wouldn't even try to turn over if the switch was off but the 07 will act like it's trying to start. I tried to start it about 10 times and someone walked over and flipped the switch
facepalm moments are the best

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
when in 'trip A' mode, all you have to do to change to metric is press 'reset'... Holding 'reset' will reset 'trip A'

1 - 10 of 10 Posts