Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dayam... well, its the 2nd time this has happened to me, my reset button on my gauge cluster is f*&ked, AGAIN!!

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
two choices take it apart like mabott did and fix it or take the bike to the dealer like i and so other RR owners did and get a new cluster that will show zero miles and for your records you write the old mileage number down and go from there either way good luck to you ;-)

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
moeman,
yeah...i might have to do what marshall did coz i think i dont have warranty anymore... sux!!! the first time this happened to me, i brought it to the dealership and they fixed it and gave me 0 miles :) but i've added more miles and this sh*t happens again... SUX!!!

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
bad luck dude i remember now you changed it once thinking about it the pain in the ass part is taking the upper off but now you got no choice ( sux ) like you said before i got my unit exchanged i was gonna send my gauge to blue gauges to get the coloured internals so i emailed them to ask if they can reattach the reset buttons and they said they would at no extra charge so that could be an option as well good luck man ;-)

·
Registered
922 Posts
Mine done it too....right along with the center light refusing to work as well.....

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
what did you do to fix it? the easiest method for me was to use a paper clip, bend it so it's straight, and just stick it into one of the open slits on the button and it was real easy to put back in. i'm going to use glue...bad idea?

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I took the whole thing off. Opened it up and then glued the white piece that fell out onto the plastic piece if fits into on the board not the rubber button. You jsut have to make sure you don't go crazy with the glue so that the button still moves. The rubber piece is there for water proofing and superglue works better on plastic on plastic vice plastic/rubber because rubber bends and it will crack the glue and the problem will happen again.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Cool, thanks Marshall. Yes, I was planning on glueing the plastic piece to the other plastic piece. I'll probably use some of that super glue gel and apply a tiny bit to the button that goes over.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
You have to be able to move the front fairing enough to take off teh 3 screws that hold on teh cluster. So the mirrors, the 3 screws on the side fairings and the plastic thingys un the underside of the nose. It's been awhile so I don't remember if we could jsut loosen the front fairing or if it had to come all the way off.

·
Ninja Master
2,459 Posts
i gotta do it too at some point soon. anybody else in LA going to do it? we could all get together and do it over beer.

damn. we should have all done it at joecey's yesterday.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Damn, this is the great part of having a bike specific forum. Same thing has happened to my instrument cluster. Thanks for the info. I'll try to fix it this weekend. FYI, I got the blueguages as well.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Simonster said:
hold on. so can i just pull the rubber button cover off the front, or do i have to take off and disassemble the whole console by taking off the front fairing?
You can take the rubber buttons off but you won't be able to get inside the instrument cluster without taking off the front fairing. I tried with some narrow needle nose but after many tries my patience didn't last. That little plastic button just floated in there. I grabbed it but had no room to maneuver it to where it had to be. It's a pain, but I only glued mine once and it has since been fine.

X

1 - 19 of 19 Posts