Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everyone,

I have a 2007 Honda CBR 600rr (obviously, that's why I'm on the forum, haha) with 35K miles on it. I suspect that my Cam Chain tensioner might need to be replaced because I hear a loud rattling sound around the 5-6K rpm range when I'm decelerating in 2nd gear. The rest of the time, I don't hear anything because I'd be at speed and/or wearing earplugs. I'd say it sounds like a bunch of marbles in there, but that might just be because I've read that description before on the forum - I'm always paranoid that something is wrong with my bike :/

I'm ready to change it out, just in case. I've looked at all the part diagrams but CANNOT figure out what I'm supposed to be buying...

I see Cam Chain Tensioner A and Tensioner B. Can someone please give me the part numbers that I need to purchase (including the proper gasket I need)? Thanks in advance :shakehand

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
check out ronayers.com

on the diagram of the cam chain tensioner assembly you want parts 4 & 5.
honda part numbers are 14520-MEE-013 (was 14520-MEE-003) & 14523-MCW-003. thats the auto tensioner & gasket

I just changed mine, makes a huge difference, stops that crazy buzzing, rattling noise instantly

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, that's exactly what I needed (the part numbers) :shakehand

check out ronayers.com

on the diagram of the cam chain tensioner assembly you want parts 4 & 5.
honda part numbers are 14520-MEE-013 (was 14520-MEE-003) & 14523-MCW-003. thats the auto tensioner & gasket

I just changed mine, makes a huge difference, stops that crazy buzzing, rattling noise instantly

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
Does anyone know if this is covered under warranty so I don't have to fool with it

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
If your bike is still under warranty and it fails, yes it should be.

Cam chain noise also occurs when you have old oil...

A

·
0 Posts
Sorry that i bring this up again,

If you buy the new OEM cam chain tensioner with the gasket you have to just change it and everything are up and cool;

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
OP, I wouldn't worry too much about. By all means swap out the unit but it's not anything serious and won't hurt your bike to continue riding it with this rattle. For now. The sound is more of an annoyance than anything.

I'm noticing a lot of CCT threads related to '07 - '12 model lately. I guess it's a sign of age as they're now up to 7 years old.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
I'm noticing a lot of CCT threads related to '07 - '12 model lately. I guess it's a sign of age as they're now up to 7 years old.
True. Mines an '09 and I replaced it at 16,000 miles.

A

·
0 Posts
Mine is an 07' and has already 60.000 km,with no CCT change,and now i hear the CCT a lot,as i wrote on my other thread.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts